Error upon importing Integration for Dialogue System

danosono

Hi :)

I am getting this error after importing the DialogueSystem.unitypackage integration asset

[CompilerError] Cannot implicitly convert type 'Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.Core.Item' to 'Item'
Compiler Error at Assets\Pixel Crushers\Common\Third Party Support\Opsive UIS Support\Scripts\UISUtility.cs:42 column 20

[CompilerError] Cannot implicitly convert type 'Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.Core.Item' to 'Item'
Compiler Error at Assets\Pixel Crushers\Common\Third Party Support\Opsive UIS Support\Scripts\UISUtility.cs:42 column 20

40: if (debug) Debug.LogWarning("UISUtility.GetItem: Can't find UIS item named '" + itemName + "'.");
41: }
-->42: return item;
43: }

Below from UISUtility.cs ...

1628211189517.png

Ah it must be confusing the "Item" type with another Item class. Are you perhaps using the Character package with the integration? Are you using any other packages? Do you have a custom class called Item somewhere in your codebase?

Does the compile error go away if you add this at the top of your file with the other using statements?
Code:
using Item = Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.Core.Item;

Thanks Sangemdoko!

I had a scriptabable object named "Item" from before I imported Opsive Inventory Manager.
Remedying that fixed the problem.

I appreciate the help and insight,