error: Cannot set parent of gameobject "first person objects" while it's new parent "character" is being destroyed

sneekyo

Hi guys, I used a custom model and used the first person character system to rig it up, I'm getting this error:

Cannot set the parent of the GameObject 'First Person Objects' while its new parent 'FPSMesh - Gerl' is being destroyed
UnityEngine.Transform:set_parent(Transform)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.FirstPersonController.Character.FirstPersonObjects:OnAttachCamera(CameraController) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/FirstPersonController/Character/FirstPersonObjects.cs:195)
Opsive.Shared.Events.InvokableAction`1:Invoke(CameraController)
Opsive.Shared.Events.EventHandler:ExecuteEvent(Object, String, CameraController)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Camera.CameraController:InitializeCharacter(GameObject) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Camera/CameraController.cs:419)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Camera.CameraController:OnDestroy() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Camera/CameraController.cs:942)

any idea what's going on, also when I start the scene first person objects (the arms) dissapear from the hierarchy.

-Seth

This looks like an execution order issue. Are you able to tell us how to reproduce it within a fresh project? Are you using the latest version?

Are you able to tell us how to reproduce the error? I have not been able to reproduce it.