Equipped weapon not showing

Adnapje

Hello everybody,

First let me introduce myself. My name is Lucien, 43 years young and I live in the Netherlands. I'm married and have 4 children. I'm hoping to make a game for my kids haha.
I bought the third person controller with Ultimate inventory system. I followed the integration tutorial step by step for 5 times now. It all goes as planned but when I hit play and pick up the assault rifle the character poses with its hands like it is holding a rifle. But the rifle is not showing in his hands! Am I missing something? Also when I create a dropprefab my mesh is turning pink, like when your using URP without updating the project materials. But i'm using the standard pipeline.
Hopefully somebody has an answer for me.

thnx in advance.

Hi Lucien,

If I understand correctly the character animation pose looks like he is holding the assault rifle, but the assault rifle doesn't show up. Correct?

If you have any errors or warnings please copy paste them in full here with the code snippet.

The first thing I would check if there are no errors or warning is if you can find the assault rifle in the character hiearchy under "right hand". Then check whether the problem is that it is disabled or if the problem is that it is too small or positioned way off into the distance. That will help me guide you in the right direction.

As for the drop prefab mesh being pink even though you are using the standard render pipeline, I'm not quite sure what could cause that. Select the mesh and check the material in the inspector, make sure it has a valid Shader.

Send me a screenshot/video recording if possible, it helps with identifying issues.

Best of luck with your game, I'm sure your kids will appriciate your hard work :)

Hi Lucien,

If I understand correctly the character animation pose looks like he is holding the assault rifle, but the assault rifle doesn't show up. Correct?

If you have any errors or warnings please copy paste them in full here with the code snippet.

The first thing I would check if there are no errors or warning is if you can find the assault rifle in the character hiearchy under "right hand". Then check whether the problem is that it is disabled or if the problem is that it is too small or positioned way off into the distance. That will help me guide you in the right direction.

As for the drop prefab mesh being pink even though you are using the standard render pipeline, I'm not quite sure what could cause that. Select the mesh and check the material in the inspector, make sure it has a valid Shader.

Send me a screenshot/video recording if possible, it helps with identifying issues.

Best of luck with your game, I'm sure your kids will appriciate your hard work :)
Thnx for your answer.

I tried the tutorial again step by step. but got the same results. The strange thing tho is that if I don't use my own (synti) models and only use the opsive characters and weapons everything is fine. So maybe it's something with the imported models pack?
As you can see in the images my created DropPrefab turns pink and the character is pretending if he holds a gun (could be a fun game haha).
I didn't get any errors and the right hand says it has the gun equipped. Hope the screenshots help? or do you need anything more?
Schermafbeelding 2022-01-07 om 21.02.30.png

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2022-01-07 om 21.02.15.png
    Schermafbeelding 2022-01-07 om 21.02.15.png
    512.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Schermafbeelding 2022-01-07 om 21.01.24.png
    Schermafbeelding 2022-01-07 om 21.01.24.png
    1,001.1 KB · Views: 9
I finally found it after 3 more tries haha. When the prefab is created during item setup the mesh renderer isn't automaticly added. So I add the mesh renderer component and aplied the materials again. And after a view hours it hit me! I looked at the item in the hand during playmode and hit F to focus. And there it was! The problem was that the model was waaaaay to small so it was hidden in the characters hand whaha. Sorry guys I feel like an idiot now. Just started learning unity :)

Case closed!