Emerald AI Integration

Hi Magique, Thanks for the Integration, straight forward easy to understand etc etc
I have had no issues using it until sound detection was added to Emerald AI and I found a couple issues, I just thought I'd mention.
1; Emerald AI uses the Player speed to detect sound, a range of 0.5 to 10, the Opsive player at default unchanged values seem to
report a speed around 2 something when walking and 3 ish when running. but I found that Emerald detects velocity the same most of the time
but sporadically will detect Opsive player Velocity sometimes higher then 16 when the character is barely moving at all which causes the player
to be heard when they shouldn't be. ( I don't think this has anything to do with your integration) just mentioning it because it could be something someone else might run into.

I didn't much like the Emerald AI Speed to detect sound anyway and since it wasn't reliable I have since just created an Opsive Ability that works with Emerald AI that allows the player to sneak, and uses the sound velocity when the player is actually running around and not sneaking. which ended up being fantastic approach with the Opsive controller and works amazingly well.

2; after installing the integration object attract modifiers stopped working, I had some success with them after installing but it was so sporadic
and then after restarting unity, the AI don't detect them at all, even using the Emerald Demo scenes and changing their layers and tags and such to work with the integration the AI does not respond to them what so ever. I also tried calling the function directly and still the AI can't detect the Attraction Objects.

I was going to use the Attract Modifiers for Gun Sound attraction, I created a new project and used Opsive v 2 and emerald with out the integration and ran the Demo scenes and they all worked, I then reinstalled the integration and again they stopped working. I haven't had much time to look into this but the integration is working in every other aspect, the AI can see and damage Opsive player and visa versa and the sound detection can "Hear" Opsive player as intended and really everything accept a minor enemy back up glitch happens when the AI kills a player sometimes but otherwise fantastic. was wondering if anyone else came across this issue or had any insight on the attract modifiers not working and the cause so I'd have a place to start looking into fixing this..
I been meaning to look at the AI back up bug when it kills a player as well but its minor and I haven't made time for it yet but if anyone already
fixed this your insight could save me sometime and would be appreciated.

sorry about the long post,

has your Soullink AI system been released yet? if not is there a way I can pre purchase it to get access to early builds, I'd like to play with it Emerald is neat and there are some solutions out there but I still haven't found anything that feels comprehensive enough to actually use.
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Attract Modifiers so at the moment I can offer no advice on that.

My SoulLink AI is in alpha testing and you can get access to the current alpha test by getting a license to SoulLink Spawner and sending me your invoice number in private Discord message.

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Attract Modifiers so at the moment I can offer no advice on that.

My SoulLink AI is in alpha testing and you can get access to the current alpha test by getting a license to SoulLink Spawner and sending me your invoice number in private Discord message.
Ok, let me ask you this, does your AI System have sound detection and if so does it have the ability for things like gun shots or thrown objects to attract AI? I seen some of it in a Video you made for something a while back and it looked pretty cool.. it seems like sound attraction in general seems to be a problem for most ready made AI solutions.

Ok, let me ask you this, does your AI System have sound detection and if so does it have the ability for things like gun shots or thrown objects to attract AI? I seen some of it in a Video you made for something a while back and it looked pretty cool.. it seems like sound attraction in general seems to be a problem for most ready made AI solutions.
There currently is no sound detection in the alpha version of the AI, but I do plan to investigate that and have it available on release. It does have a system for attracting AI via the Interact Sensor feature. This allows an AI to be attracted to various things, basically anything you want, and the attraction will be based on percentage. So, for example, you could have a Zombie AI attracted to a rotting corpse and when it finds one, it will go to it and feed on it. Like that.

I'll pick it up when I get a few minutes to spare, don't really have a use for a spawner but it looks neat, mainly though you created a integration
for Emerald and that saved me some aggravation and time and for that if nothing else id like to support your efforts.

thanks or your time.

Can anyone please help me get my character to damage the ai ? I have no idea how to set it up . The ai can damage me but I can't damage it

If anyone is having an issue with emerald AI only targeting your characters feet, there's a script to adjust the hit area for non emerald ai. You just attach the script to your player and adjust it.