Edy's Vehicle Physics

@Enigma Factory You shouldn't need any "logic" for the Entry/Exit animations, should should be able to just add the extra animations. I originally did that, but I didn't like how it worked and transitioned. It may be as simple as adding in some Exit times to the animations. Mixamo has a decent enter vehicle and the negative value of it looks fine too.

RedHawn, it is really awesome that you are helping the community.

If I may, I would like to ask you a question since you seem to have more experiences with car assets than I. What are your opinions on various car controllers? I'm interested in 1. NWH Vehicle Physics 2. Realistic Car Controller, 3. Edy's Vehicle
Have you worked with all three?

Basically, I'm creating PUBG-like game and I need a fast solution with reasonable realism.

1. It seems to me the most comprehensive controller out there. But it might be little too heavy in terms of performance compared with the other two and it's a bit hard to control, drifting and not flipping over and such, as it's not arcade style physics.

2. It seems to strike the right balance between realism and easy to control, but I'm not sure about its performance compared to others.

3. It looks like the most simple in the three but if it wins in performance by a big margin, I can consider it as an option.

Please let me know what you think and if you have other options, I also like to hear it.

Cheers!.

Wow, that's a tough one. I've used the 2nd two and never tried NWH (don't own it). Really, it comes down to what you like for the feel. I like Edy's and RCC. I haven't really thought about either one in terms of PUBG style. I think one of the biggest issues you will run into is letting people change seats, being able to shoot from a passenger seat, and making it so you can look at each other while in the vehicle. I've haven't gotten UCC to be able to have "full" control while in the vehicle as right now with my implementation I "turn off" UCC Locomotion and the UCC Camera. Also, since UCC doesn't have multiplayer yet, haven't tried that aspect. Also, I haven't updated the integration yet so that (1) if the vehicle is destroyed you are killed and thrown out of the vehicle, and (2) the ability to destroy the vehicle with maybe UCC AI or some other AI. Also, it would be fun to run over things and kill them, but I haven't set that up with UCC yet either.

So as it stands, I'm about to do a RCC integration (which should be super easy since I already did the Edy's one).

Do you have a link for NWH? I haven't seen or heard of it. Maybe I can email the author. I'm guessing, if it already has shooting, that you will need to modify that so it will work with UCC.

So, PUBG style will need more mechanics added like if the car runs you over, can be killed while driving, can shoot out the window while driving, can change seats, can heal yourself, can change weapons, etc ... And multiplayer...

Here is the link to NWH. https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/?stay#!/content/107332
If you never tried, you will be surprised that it's more like a simulator. And the author is more active on the forum compared to the other two.

I like to try RCC but there doesn't seem any forum and Edy's not so active on the Forum either.

Yeah, I'll need to implement various character and car interactions and it will probably independent of the controller itself.
But I'm very interested in how you will support them.

Cheers!

@chrisk The asset store description states that there is a character control changer that works with any character controller, so that should mean you are good to go already with what's included. "Character vehicle changer that works with any character controller / game object, including other vehicles. "
I'd be all for trying it out but I don't have $60 right now to pay for it.

Well, Character vehicle changer is pretty basic and you will have to implement the driver sitting. Yeah, I got mime during the sale, yeah it's a bit expensive for trying. You can ask him for a free copy for UCC integration. Please let me know what he says. Thanks.

Yep - the NEW changes Justin made messed up my integration. I have not had time to make the integration work. @yuukimoka

Therefore, the integration only works with the PRIOR version of Opsive.

Reactions: ymo
Here's Version 2. I haven't done a video, but I included a DRAFT How To document. There are other steps that aren't included, like creating presets for your Camera and so on.

Link to my site

Last edited:
Here's Version 2. I haven't done a video, but I included a DRAFT How To document. There are other steps that aren't included, like creating presets for your Camera and so on.

Link to my site

Thank you Redhawk
Thanks to you, I was able to put my character on the car.
However, if a car climbs a slope or a car rolls over, the character's posture becomes strange.
How do I fix the character to the sheet?

And there is one more problem
I can not get off the car by pressing the F key

Thank you.

Last edited:
um. Not sure. yeah, that is a problem isn't it. ugh. This is why I'd prefer to turn "off" the Nolan character and fake it.

@yuukimoka As an FYI, that character position odd behavior is because of Opsive. It's very complex and I'm not sure why that is happening. Same thing happens on my side.

@yuukimoka As an FYI, that character position odd behavior is because of Opsive. It's very complex and I'm not sure why that is happening. Same thing happens on my side.

I deactivated the player and made it a way to display the character model set in advance in the car.

Stop UCC input with OnEnableGameplayInput code
Deactivate objects in player's child hierarchy
Display the model of the character which set FullbodyBipedIK of FinalIk which has been hidden in the car

I will try this!

Question1
I want to ask Justin
In rare cases, the following error occurs when disabling the player using UltimateCharacterLocomotion.SetActive (false)

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.KinematicObjectManager.SetCharacterMovementInputInternal (System.Int32 characterIndex, System.Single horizontalMovement, System.Single forwardMovement) (at Assets / Opsive / UltimateCharacterController / Scripts / Game / KinematicObjectManager.cs: 521)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.KinematicObjectManager.SetCharacterMovementInput (System.Int32 characterIndex, System.Single horizontalMovement, System.Single forwardMovement) (at Assets / Opsive / UltimateCharacterController / Scripts / Game / KinematicObjectManager.cs: 510)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.OnEnableGameplayInput (System.Boolean enable) (at Assets / Opsive / UltimateCharacterController / Scripts / Character / UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs: 294)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Events.InvokableAction`1 [T1] .Invoke (T1 arg1) (at Assets / Opsive / UltimateCharacterController / Scripts / Events / InvokableAction.cs: 87)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Events.EventHandler.ExecuteEvent [T1] (System.Object obj, System.String eventName, T1 arg1) (at Assets / Opsive / UltimateCharacterController / Scripts / Events / EventHandler.cs: 392)

What is this?

Thank you.

Hi justin,

About to integrate car and get it to gta sa level.

Need more tips on how not to fake characters(move to car door, play animation open car with ik. Drive.) The posture problem mentioned happened to me too.

Hi

Is this integration working with newer versions of UCC? I keep getting this error and don't know if its something iv missed in the documentation

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
EdyDriveAbility.AbilityStarted () (at Assets/Scripts/EdyDriveAbility.cs:59)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Ability.StartAbility (System.Int32 index) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Ability.cs:460)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion.TryStartAbility (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Ability ability, System.Boolean ignorePriority, System.Boolean ignoreCanStartCheck) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:1164)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion.TryStartAbility (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Ability ability, System.Boolean ignorePriority) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:1041)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion.TryStartAbility (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Ability ability) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:1030)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.TryStartAbility (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Ability ability) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs:231)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.UpdateAbilityInput (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Ability[] abilities) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs:128)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.UpdateAbilityInput () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs:98)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.Update () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs:73)