Edy's Vehicle Physics

i have this problem "
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
DriveAbility.AbilityStarted () (at Assets/Game/Scripts/DriveAbility.cs:59)" i followed the yt video but i get this.

I'm glad to see that Edy's Vehicle Physics has officially integration but I can't get it working. I have copied Nolan and Main Camera from "ThirdPersonControllerDemo" scene and pasted it into the "The City - Simple Scene". I added the "EVP Drive Source" component to the "L200-Red" vehicle. Then disabled the "Audio Listener" from the Camera Controller of the Vehicle. When I move Nolan to the vehicle and nothing happens when I press "F". Any ideas why it doesn't work?

Make sure you have added a Move Towards GameObject within the vehicle. If this object doesn't exist then the ability won't start.

I have added the "Move Towards Location" component to "L200-Red" but nothing is still happening. There is no dialog showing when you stand by the "L200-Red" vehicle. I also copy/pasted the SkyCar into the scene to make sure Nolan is still able to use the Drive ability. Nolan doesn't have any problems with the SkyCar. I even copy/pasted the "AbilityStartLocation" GameOject from the SkyCar to the "L200-Red" vehicle and still nothing is happening.

1606751693813.png

1606751753236.png

I can't see a problem with your setup so can you insert a breakpoint within Drive.CanStartAbility to see why it isn't started? It'll return failure at some point and that's the point that I'm interested in to say what is wrong. Also make sure you are using the latest version of the controller as there were some Drive changes.

I'm using the Third Person Controller 2.2.7 with Unity 2019.3.9f1. I started a fresh project to test out the Edy's vehicle Physics integration. I have added a breakpoint and it won't start the scene when visual studio is attached and play unity,

1606752662497.png

But if I remove the breakpoint then I can play the scene when Visual studio is attached.

That's the right place to start. Now step into that method to see where it is returning false.

Hi,
I'm trying to use your Integration package that I downloaded here (https://opsive.com/downloads/?pid=926), and it appears to be missing the main script (EVPDriveSource according to documentation). To make sure I loaded the Sample scene that came with that and it's missing on the car object there too:
1606874479511.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

No it doesn't. I'm reporting an issue with a newly added "features/integrations". I buy preassembled assets so that I don't have to do any programming as well save me time on running debugging non-functioning "features/integrations". I'm confused on why releasing something that seems to be broken.

I tested it early on with somebody else and they went through the docs to make sure they were accurate. Even for non-scripters I recommend breakpoint debugging as it's the easiest way to figure out what is going wrong. Unity has a good tutorial on it:

I have also updated the integration to include the sample scene that I use to test against. I would compare against that scene, once you get it working let me know what it was and we can see if the docs need to be update.d

I'm trying to use your Integration package that I downloaded here (https://opsive.com/downloads/?pid=926), and it appears to be missing the main script (EVPDriveSource according to documentation). To make sure I loaded the Sample scene that came with that and it's missing on the car object there too:
That drive source is missing. I'll reupload that integration.

One other issue... I got the script working, but I noticed some definite jerkiness in the player model as I'm driving around. I tried using Fixed Update in the Locomotion script, but it still is jerky. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

1606942763956.png

Thanks again!

Are you referring to the camera switching positions while moving? I've seen this as well and it's a bug with EVP. If you change the camera view within Edy's to something like the hood cam then it works. During this time the character controller doesn't update the camera at all.

Are you referring to the camera switching positions while moving? I've seen this as well and it's a bug with EVP. If you change the camera view within Edy's to something like the hood cam then it works. During this time the character controller doesn't update the camera at all.

Sorry for the delay in my response... it appears to be a weird glitch with the character more then the camera itself... hopefully the video below can demonstrate it better:

P.s. Thank you for help once again!