Disconnect from navmesh and character

I am using a modified template on a character and the navmesh cylinder seems to move independently of the actual character. what might be causing this? I am using the standard "Patrol" block.

It looks like you have the center gizmo selected instead of the pivot position. The center doesn't represent where the character's position is located.

yeah, it's hard to see but I was referring to the navmesh position, which goes off onto the ramp. also seen here:
turning update position on fixes it, but I was surprised it was moving closely to it without it turned on, which makes me assume that the behavioral D is updating the position, but not keeping in sync with the navmesh? is that correct ?

turning update position on fixes it, but I was surprised it was moving closely to it without it turned on, which makes me assume that the behavioral D is updating the position, but not keeping in sync with the navmesh? is that correct ?
Ahh, I see it now. No, if Update Position is off there isn't anything within Behavior Designer that will move the object. The NavMeshAgent completely moves the object.