Disabling Pointer Enter Behavior?

jimi

Hey there,

Is there a way to disable the on hover events in the shop menu? I see the Select on Pointer Enter/Exit bools on the ItemViewSlot component but the items are still being changed. Here's a video if it helps to explain, There is no way to get to the BUY button etc if the mouse path is over another item view slot if that makes sense.

1618089498942.png

I suppose I solved this by turning the Inventory grid off with OnClick and back on again after buy/cancel. This works for me for now.

Looks like display panel closer restrictions aren't working properly? I can not add both the closer and an image together on the same object. Adding each in either order gives me this error, but I see in the demo both components are attached.

1618174214054.png

Last edited:
I'm glad you found a solution to your problem.
You could also add an invisible image that covers the item grid such that they cannot be selected or clicked.

As for the Display Panel Closer and Imager warning, that's perfectly normal. They are both Graphic components and therefore they cannot be added to the same gameobject. Where in the demo did you see them together?

Btw Graphic components detect Graphic Raycast events, which is what we want to detect a click for the Display Panel Closer, which is usually used as a background of a window panel such that it closes when you click outside the window

Ok interesting thanks, I was thinking the closer needed the image to detect the raycast target rather than the image on the referenced display panel.

In the UIS demo on the On Click Close Transparent Background objects:

1618243311822.png

Thanks I'll remove that image. It used to be necessary but I though it wouldn't make sense to require an image to be added each time, so I made the panel closer a graphic component... Maybe it wasn't such a good decision...