Demo items invisible when equipped in third person view unless starting in Third Person view

In the demo scene, if you start in first person, pickup an item, and switch to third person it is invisible. Material swapper or Perspective Monitor issue I'm guessing. Item is usable, just invisible. Note: using new unity input system, demo scene configured for it, and free roam enabled.

Last edited:

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, I was able to reproduce it. I'll let you know after I have the fix.

Hi Justin, I actually think its because the pickups have both first person and third person components on the parent, this cause one of the scripts(I forget which one now) to pass a check on first person component and if it is it ignore third person, sorry I should have made note where I found that. I can find it again if need be. My solution would be to have them components on the object, not the parent, then have the code run through the children if that makes sense

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
I started to debug and it looks like an event execution order problem. The MaterialSwapper is switching the third person materials for the invisible material and then the PerspectiveMonitor is caching that result. To fix it you can remove the MaterialSwapper (two components) but I will have a proper fix in the next update.