Death Match AI Errors

Kuriano

So in the spirit of helping others, UCC and its other versions require installation
Be well, People
In my Case

- Update: Import TPC - Install TPC From Tools tab or Clicking the installer folder in the Project Overview- Integrations Associated - Behavior Designer - Movement - Death Match AI
- All my other assets just require Import and its usually done but for the all the searching I did Installing TPC
- His Documentation only states to import, this has not been the issue in my case.
"Ensure these four packages are imported before the Deathmatch AI Kit. If you forget to import one of these packages before importing the Deathmatch AI Kit there’s a chance that the behavior tree will be reserialized with a missing task reference. In this case you should reimport the Deathmatch AI Kit again. The Deathmatch AI Kit will not work with UFPS as the Deathmatch AI Kit uses melee weapons. UFPS can be upgraded to the First Person Controller for the price difference.

- Going to Check All warnings and Such and put them here.
I've reimported 15 or so times, in various forms. Until the UCC Intergration and Death Match AI no errors. But Formation and Tactical movement packs create a Grid Warning. I've followed what I found on here. I've seen the page you made and for the life of me I can'tn get it to work and with errors it won't compile. TPC hasn no warnings in Unity 2021.2.9f1. I tried this first in 2020.3 but, I have gone round and round with it and after 7-10 hrs I have no idea whats really wrong. Based on what I read the integration didn't work as DMAI says many things are missing. Lowest I got my errors down to was 198 or so.

I've tried doing the imports in several patterns, and even imported DMAI first to see what it does.
Read and Learned from this https://opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-package-import-fails-with-multiple-errors.7130/
This https://opsive.com/support/documentation/deathmatch-ai-kit/
and a few other threads. Overall I'm a bit burnt out as I really don't know whats wrong.
Hopefully I'll get some pointers and it'll get fixed. But best of luck to anyone else using DMAI because man, it has been a pain in my butt.

Update : Through Deletion and Reimporting some Files the Errors went down to 6.
Editor Version 2019

2021 I did 10 or more tests
2020.3 6-7 or more trying to get it to work. The numbers are probably higher
2019 about 10 or more tests
TPC 2.4.5
DMAI 2.0.2
And the Rest are the currently highest available updated packages. Downloading the older isnn't possible as far as I know.

I'm a Modeler mainly(Self Taught mostly) and have been recovering from a head inuury for 7 ears now and it effects my learning speed and capacity. Haven't been able to learn unity's code as of yet but hope to. Would allow me to make new things and I wouldn't just be playing with the models I've made. Lot to learn but my main problem seems to be lack of insight within unity issues itself.

BD
BD Movement
TPC
Integrations CC Shared Source and UCC Integrations
DMAI
Only Assets in use are Opsive.
Errors are about 51 with only DMAI imported
Forwards or backwards from the Order above produces 221 errors
If CC shared source is installed after DMAI it goes down to 198 or 196 before it stays at 221
I really haven't counted the times I've tested this but onl once got the errors down to 6 didn't SS it but it had 2 things missing and was complaining about Ongui and a few other new errors.
All Opsive assets downloaded within the past 4 days or so

Attachments

• Deathmatch AI Errors.png
    Deathmatch AI Errors.png
    257.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Errors in Unity Deathmatch AI.png
    Errors in Unity Deathmatch AI.png
    165.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Based on that error you don't have the character controller imported. I would create a new project and import packages in the following order:

- character controller
- Behavior Designer
- Behavior Designer - Movement Pack
- Behavior Designer / Ultimate Character Controller integration
- Deathmatch AI Kit

Interesting, I followed the order you gave earlier to someone else. BD - BD Movement - TPC - BD Integration - DMAI. Before I try this pattern, I think I've tried it in a few variations.
In 2021.2 Integration produced 75 errors based on the above method - I assume Shared Resource integration was meant as well?
DMAI Then Imported to produce a whopping 318 errors. Share resource integration produced a result down to 218.
All new projects, 30 or so now.

All tests Done this round after your support post were in 2021.2.9f
Deletion of BD and Reimporting produces 193 errors
Deletion of DMAI produces 0 errors
Reimporting DMAI keeps the errors at 193
Deletion of DMAI after removal and Reimporting BD, TPC, Movement, leaves me with 12 animation warnings if DMAI isn't in the project. - All Rocket Launcher Animation warnings of all things
Making a new Project seems to have no effect other than those Rocket Launcher Animation Warnings which continue to hover after clearing the Project of Import Files - as I don't dig through those animation layers. - Very quick observation of Console Errors not a thorough investigation.

2021.2 I can get the Errors to 193
2020.3 I can get the Errors to 193
2019.4.35 I can get the Errors to 193 but on DMAI Import mentions obsolete API's and Warns about importing. - This was the one that Got down to 6 errors.
36.6 GB of Editor to just get DMAI working hopefully and still nothing *sigh*

Integrations in Use
UCC Integration
Shared Resource - does fix 40 or so errors

I assume my problems are coming from everything being up to date as possible and something isn't quite right for DMAI. Sadly, people like me who can't code well or at all yet really do need examples like DMAI to learn from.

Until DMAI and Integrations, no errors.
DMAI Asset Store Data
Latest version
Latest release date
Oct 8, 2021
Supported Unity versions
2019.4.0 or higher

2019.4.35f1 is giving me a Obsolete API warning.
TPC Asset Store Data
Latest version
Latest release date
Jan 14, 2022
Supported Unity versions
2018.4.0 or higher

Of what i gathered with tinkering in Version 1 Obtained in 2016 TPC if I recall correctly these API warnings appear in a few peculiar circumstances but my brain just failed to recall the necessary memories as I'm too tired lol.

And that one time I produced 6 errors instead of 198 I was tinkering with the files by deleting them and reimporting. I deleted that project though. At the time of 6 am and 7-10 hrs of messing with it didn't think I wouldn't be able to reproduce it.

Attachments

• Integration Errors.png
    Integration Errors.png
    206.4 KB · Views: 4
  • DMAI API Obsolete Message.png
    DMAI API Obsolete Message.png
    540.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
The order doesn't matter as long as you import the integration and then the Deathmatch AI Kit last. Do not import the shared source as that is not necessary.

Based off of those errors it can't find the character controller. I recommend taking it one step at a time and making sure there are no compiler errors after each step. My guess is that something went wrong when you imported the share source.

Found the problem in all the stuff I read had no idea the Tools tab or the Overview Project manager TPC has an installer. Tools tab is fastest after that it all works except...except this isn't UCC now its got 4 errors related to Nolans First Person Arms missing and was unable to find one for TPC. Finally, finally some headway 4 days of frustration and anger and FINALLY. In my defense, Version 1 of TPC did not have this so I wasn't looking for stuff like it. But the documentation probably has it in there, have yet to read it as I was trying to get all of Opsives stuff working and ugh *facepalm*
My issue now is I don't have UCC but TPC so hmm, did not find an integration for it.

This below here is before I found the problem well at least the main part.

*laughs* Shared source is imported last only way to get it down to 198(otherwise its 221). Your suggestionn has been done to death, well over 30 times in a variety of patterns, To see if any worked.

Apparently my explanation is convoluted, as what you've told me is in there.

The errors first appear on UCC Integration 50 to 70 errors, some of which complaining about shared source stuff others a variety of things.

And yes the second post by me is convoluted, no surprise given the brain injury - what I want to write doesn't make it to the text box. not yet anyway.
First error to appear is after UCC integration Shared Resource isn't even in some of the new projects. Producing 50 errors after UCC intergration.

Based on what I've gathered the new versions aren't playing nice with each other something is out of place and not functioning.

TPC, BD, BD Movement, No errors
Integrations produce them
BMAI produces a few hundred.

- Update TPC, UCC Integration, BD, BD Movement, DMAI, Delete BD UCC Integration Folder, Reimport UCC Integration, Import shared Source - down to 2 errors from 312 Or something along those lines
Now its just looking for error CS0246 Persistable Preset. From the Inspector
BD Isn't functional from the drop down - no surprise really but this is just me fidgeting.

On another note, I've figured out that those two errors have broken a big something, preventing it from ever getting to all those others from what I think. But anyway. I've got nothing on this matter at this point. DMAI was a waste of time and money at this point

Upon further tinkering I deleted the shared folder and was reimporting UCC integration to make sure it was there. and the Deathmatch Manager popped up after it reserialized the assests. DMAI KIT Version 2.0.1 as per the managers tab

BD Working again has a tools tab again. Now its comlaining about nolans arms are missing lol, I tell ya.
I also Opened TPC Installer folder inside of the Editor, went through a fairly long 2 to 5 minute process before deleting shared folder. Got 264 animation warnings but some of it works lol

Attachments

• Nolans Arms.png
    Nolans Arms.png
    150.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
The errors in your last screenshot don't look like they are compilation errors. Since you have the Third Person Controller you don't have the first person components and the first person demo scene won't work. If you have all of the packages imported from your last screenshot then the Deathmatch AI Kit demo scene will work.

Hopefully it does, I haven' tried to compile yet. Was trying to fix all those errors and *exasperated Sigh* its been a big pain in my butt that TPC just needed installation and a few other things needed looking into.
If you would, please mention TPC, UCC, FPC and any of the like need to be installed or may need to be. And tell them its in the tools menu for quick reference.
Thank you for telling me the demo scene should compile, I didn't think it would.