Custom UI vs UIS UI

hanguang

Hi,

I have a highly customized inventory UI, I was wondering if you could help me to choose between my custom UI and UIS UI?

In the documentation, it seems UIS has a lot of UI modules like "DISPLAY PANEL MANAGER", "Item View", etc.
The knowledge is overwhelming, so I am asking for help.

For now, I can think of 2 solutions:
1. Merge code (feature) from my UI to UIS's UI.
2. Merge code (feature) from UIS's UI to my UI.

What are the trade-offs? What's your recommendation?
@Sangemdoko

It's always better to use your own UI. You'll have a lot more control and you'll know it perfectly since you wrote it. The UIS UI solution is here to help you get started quickly but it is not necessary to make the system function. It is completely optional.
The tradeoff is speed over control during development.

You can use things like the Item Views and ItemViewSlotContainers to speed things up, without using the Display Panel (Manager) system.
This would let you have control of how your UI is controlled and how it flows, while still taking the benefit of all the ItemViews, ItemViewSlot and ItemViewSlotContainer features with Item Actions, Drag&Drop Actions, etc...

It is completely up to you whether you wish to use our solution or create your own from scratch.

OK, let me put it this way:
I want to use my own UI, but the rest of the features like inventory, grid (size, index, etc), and the item I want to use UIS.
In other word, every function and method inside my own UI is actually using UIS.
Could you point out which documentation/class/video should I look at?
@Sangemdoko

I want to use my own UI, but the rest of the features like inventory, grid (size, index, etc), and the item I want to use UIS.
As I mentioned above I believe you are interested in the ItemViewSlotContainerBase classes (example: Inventory Grid, ItemSlotCollectionView, etc...)

You need to learn about ItemViews, ItemViewSlots, ItemActions, ItemDropActions, etc...

Check all the UI documentation. I believe you will be interested in everything that does not have to do with panels or menus.

You can find the video tutorials here. Videos 5-8 are the ones relevant to the UI, But I would watch all of them if I were you: