[Critical] Variables Inspector stop working

jennal

Hi,

I am user of Behaviour Designer, and I found a critical bug that my team can't continue to work, please fix it ASAP.

The VariableInspector.sharedVariableStrings is null,and we can't see the variables on Behaviour tree on Inspector.

Because you check with VariableInspector.sharedVariableStrings exists and then check with VariableInspector.sharedVariableTypes.

VariableInspector.sharedVariableTypes do exists, but VariableInspector.sharedVariableStrings not!

The bug is still there on the newest version of 1.6.1. Please fix it.

Can you list the steps to reproduce from a fresh project or send me a PM with the repro scene? I think that I have it fixed but would like to verify. If you can also send me what version of Unity you are using that would be great.

Last edited:
Sorry, I can't list the steps, because it happens when we create a new one. The Variables tab always error in our project. Maybe I can make a minimun project to reproduce for you.

Can you list the steps to reproduce from a fresh project or send me a PM with the repro scene?

Can you list the steps to reproduce from a fresh project or send me a PM with the repro scene? I think that I have it fixed but would like to verify. If you can also send me what version of Unity you are using that would be great.

Sorry, If I move any error Designer file to a whole new project, it works fine. I really don't know how to reproduce now... But the logic error which I post is obvious, please check your code and fix it.

I also have this error. Unity version 2018.3.8f1. Create a gameobject and add Behavior Tree script to it, open Behavior Tree editor and click on variables and it will throw this error above and not allow you to create SharedVariables. I've recreated using those steps on 3 different machines.

However, I've checked and this does not occur on Unity version 2018.3.0.f2.

I sent you a PM with the fixed version. This version will also be released next week on the Asset Store.