Created a Tutorial for Behavior Designer + Bolt Visual Scripting

IndieDragoness

Hi folks!

I created a tutorial for integrating Bolt Visual Scripting and Behavior Designer, along with a simple script. The script creates a new Custom Action Task available in the Behavior Tree that (with a little customization on your part) lets you:
  • Set Bolt variables using Behavior Designer variables
  • Set Behavior Designer variables using Bolt variables
The idea is that being able to do this will allow all of your Visual scripting to be able to communicate with your Behavior Trees. The script isn't all inclusive (just an example of how to do it) but I figured folks might find it helpful now that Bolt is free on the Asset store. :)

Please feel free to bug me with feedback or if something doesn't work, as I have time I think it would be fun to make the script more powerful and useful for everyone!

Link to tutorial

Because it's not easy to find, I just added an example of how to reference Bolt Lists and assign them to Behavior Designer Lists:
C#:
myBehaviorTreeGameobjectList.Value = ((IEnumerable)Variables.Object(objectWithVariables).Get("myBoltGameobjectList")).Cast<GameObject>().ToList();

Feel free to provide any feedback if you use it and run into issues! Happy to keep building the script up to help people out

Awesome! Thank you for creating this!

We do have a Bolt integration which includes a task which will synchronize the variables. You explained the process really well though so can I find a place to link to it from the Behavior Designer documentation?

Awesome! Thank you for creating this!

We do have a Bolt integration which includes a task which will synchronize the variables. You explained the process really well though so can I find a place to link to it from the Behavior Designer documentation?
Oh dear, there was Bolt integration already; At least it was a good learning experience then :LOL:
Feel free to use / link if it's helpful! I'd be happy if it helped some folks out, and I'm also happy to update it if needed