create bullet hole with OnImpact event does not match with FinalIK

manscom

hi

I am using the FinalIK Asset on my AI enemy character and I am trying to use the OnImpact event to create the bullet holes on that models' skin mesh, but I found that the bullet holes is not projecting on the correct position if I used the FinalIK component.

I have recorded a short video for that, please check the below link for your reference
https://streamable.com/4cmw0b

I asked the FinalIK developer and he said this will happen is because the Script Execution Order but I have no idea when the OnImpact event is trigger so I am also posting this thread here.

Please assist me for this if you know this kind of issue.

Thank you

OnObjectImpact is executed in this case by ShootableWeapon. ShootableWeapon's script execution order is -153. So if the FinalIK dev is saying it's a script execution order, you could try adjusting the relevant FinalIK script/s to be before/after -153. Be careful when adjusting script execution orders though, as they are often set up in a specific order for a reason - if possible, try to adjust the values so that only the order of the relevant scripts (ShootableWeapon and the FinalIK stuff) changes, but not the order of other stuff.

OnObjectImpact is executed in this case by ShootableWeapon. ShootableWeapon's script execution order is -153. So if the FinalIK dev is saying it's a script execution order, you could try adjusting the relevant FinalIK script/s to be before/after -153. Be careful when adjusting script execution orders though, as they are often set up in a specific order for a reason - if possible, try to adjust the values so that only the order of the relevant scripts (ShootableWeapon and the FinalIK stuff) changes, but not the order of other stuff.
thanks for your reply, do you mean I should only change the relevant FinalIK script order or I can also change the ShootableWeapon.cs order?