Crawl clips through ceiling when exiting manually

CarmenXero

Hello,

In the demo scene, I have changed the crawl ability to be manually activated versus automatically activated via a trigger. If you exit the crawl while a ceiling is above you, your character will clip through the ceiling and stand up. I am wondering if this is a bug or if I may be doing something wrong.

My values:

Values.png

The glitch:
Optimized-Capture.jpg

Are you running the latest version? When I tried to reproduce this within the demo scene the character did not stop crawling. I made sure to stop at the same point as your screenshot.

If you want to debug this that would be helpful since I am not able to reproduce it. There is a collision check that determines if there is enough space for the character to stand. You can insert a breakpoint within HeightChange.CanStopAbility and keepActive should be set to true.

I am running the latest version. Using Unity 2020.2.5f1 too. I created a fresh project and got the same result as before.

I set a break point where you suggested and nothing happened. I put break point at the start of the method as well and even then it never fired. CanStopAbility doesn't even appear to be called at all as far as I can gather.

That is a problem if CanStopAbility isn't being called. Can you insert a breakpoint within KinematicObjectManager.Update to ensure breakpoints are working?

That is a problem if CanStopAbility isn't being called. Can you insert a breakpoint within KinematicObjectManager.Update to ensure breakpoints are working?
A breakpoint in KinematicObjectManager.Update worked, so breakpoints are indeed working.

EDIT: CanStopAbility is being called and checked when crouching. Crawling specifically is not calling it.

Ahh, I see what is happening now. It looks like there are a couple of changes needed. Thanks for starting to debug - I'll have it fixed in the next update.