Cover Object Detection Missing?

defkron

Per the instructions on how to set up cover on the Deathmatch AI Kit documentation here: https://opsive.com/support/documentation/deathmatch-ai-kit/cover/ it says that I should use the Object Detection field to specify how the AI character detects cover.

When I add that ability to my AI NPC, I don't appear to have that option under the Cover ability (under the Ultimate Character Locomotion script):
1610135818068.png

When I add in other subclasses of the Detect Object Ability Base (such as Drive), that field appears.
What am I doing wrong here?
Thanks!

Good catch. If you change the inherited CoverInspectorDrawer class it will appear correctly:

Code:
public class CoverInspectorDrawer : DetectObjectAbilityBaseInspectorDrawer

Thanks for the help, that fixed it!
Now I appear to not have the "PredeterminedMoveTowardsLocation" property per: "If the character is an AI agent the PredeterminedMoveTowardsLocation property can be set"
How do I activate this one?
Thanks again!

Actually, I think you can disregard the above as I figured it out. I'm basically having a lot of difficulty figuring out how to implement the Solo Behavior tree in to my custom project, as I have to slowly comb through code to figure out everything that's needed for things to function properly. It seems to be set up exactly to only work within the default Deathmatch scene that comes with the project.

For example, I tried to start rebuilding the behavior tree from scratch, starting with the "Is Target in Sight" task. This task wasn't working at all until I went through the script and realized that I also had to include your health component on my player character, as the task checks that value before initiating anything, even though it's not apparent that that component is needed.

Are there any other tutorials besides the documentation here: https://opsive.com/support/documentation/deathmatch-ai-kit/getting-started/ and that one video on YouTube which only shows the basic set up? I'm hoping I don't have to comb through each script one by one to figure out how to get this to work. I was hoping these Deathmatch AI task would be a bit more "plug and play" then they have been so far.

That is currently the only video. The deathmatch tasks do require the setup from the character controller in order to function properly.