Controller limits - Multiple Good Guys

D-Wags

I am developing a new game, Cambion Killer. This game is targeting an animation/Melee style of Bloody Spell with a complex story line along the lines of Pathfinder: Kingdom Maker. To date, I've built the first terrains using the Gaia terrain builder, built some humanoid avatars using Daz Studio and got them animated with the Invector Shooter controller. Now it's Inventory control time.

I am caught between a rock and a hard place. I think that I need to abandon the Invector Controller and purchase the Ultimate Character Controller for linking the Ultimate Inventory System to the MC and NCPs. I am already out of pocket for $90 after purchasing the Invector Shooter controller. the Ultimate Character controller is listed at $210.

There is a game out there, currently in pre-release, called 'She will punish them'. You can find it for free at:
https://f95zone.to/threads/she-will-punish-them-v0-831-l2-game-studios.51680/

The character setup is very attractive in the game, but I don't plan on anything that sophisticated in Chapter 1 of Cambion Killer. Take a look at the inventory purchasing and a combat systems.

I am shooting for something similar to the combat system and inventory system in this game. I would like to have up to 3 companions doing support combat against multiple enemies.

The Ultimate Inventory System seems to have the flexibility to create a data base complicated enough to satisfy my requirements. So, here I am.

Before I spend an extra $210, can I accomplish this multiple good guy/multiple bad guy combat scenario, whacking with weapons, shooting with bows and throwing spells with the Ultimate Character controller? Has anyone out there done anything similar to 'She Will Punish Them'?

The Ultimate Character Controller is focused on being a great character controller and a lot of what you are talking about is gameplay related so it's not specific to the controller. With that said, looking at your feature requests:

can I accomplish this multiple good guy/multiple bad guy combat scenario
This is gameplay related so it would be your own setup. You can definitely have multiple characters controlled by the character controller within the same scene though. The character controller doesn't include any AI though so that will either be your own scripting or you'll use something like Behavior Designer which is integrated with the controller.

whacking with weapons, shooting with bows and throwing spells with the Ultimate Character controller?
All of those item types are features supported by the controller. With that said, unless you are planning on also having a first person perspective you don't need the Ultimate Character Controller and can instead get the Third Person Controller which is half the price.