Compiler errors integration issues

Vlaxep

I'm really struggling installing integration with BD.

So far tried the following steps:
- Project already has UCC
- Imported BD
- Downloaded the 'Tutorial Resources' and 'Behavior Designer Runtime Source' packages.
- Drag them in to the project, they automatically import (I don't know how to not do this automatically)

The installation instructions here: https://opsive.com/support/documentation/behavior-designer/installation/
are not very clear to me, I don't understand the part about 'Before you extract this package ensure that you have deleted the Behavior Designer folder otherwise you’ll get a compile error.'

I don't see anywhere to 'extract', it just happens when I drop the file in, I don't have a choice.

Is that is what is causing all these compiler errors re: missing namespaces. ??

1617972202659.png

Based on that error you don't have the base Behavior Designer files. When you import the runtime source make sure you first delete the Behavior Designer directory from the Asset Store.

Based on that error you don't have the base Behavior Designer files. When you import the runtime source make sure you first delete the Behavior Designer directory from the Asset Store.
I don't understand, at that point I'd just be deleting what ive just imported from asset store, what's the point of that? Is there some other extraction before doing that deletion?

The Behavior Designer Runtime Source contains all of the files that the Asset Store package does so you do not need the Asset Store package. If you are not importing the runtime source then you do not need to delete anything and can just import from the Asset Store. You can switch to the runtime source at any time though so I would not worry about it for now.

If you do want to get the runtime source working you can try doing the following:

1. Create a new project.

2. Import the runtime source.

The runtime source is a Unity Package so this is what you are extracting.

Ok thx @Justin , still confused though.

I simply want to start using BD,UCC, BD add-ons together.

Firstly, what is the 'RuntimeSource' version? How is it different from Normal/Asset store BD?

Second, are these two compatible/not compatible with different add-ons, or have other different purposes/requirements?

I've come down this path simply seeking the UCC 'integration', but there's it's not really explained what does what on that page.

I'm trying to understand why there would be any point getting from asset store if the runtime integration is needed entirely without Asset store BD. Is the runtime source only for using with UCC or something like that?

Cheers

If you are just getting started with Behavior Designer don't worry about the runtime source. Just import from the Asset Store and you'll be good to go. The runtime source package contains the Behavior Designer runtime source code which you don't need if you're just getting started.