Climbing Pack

We are complete with the main demo scene and here's an extremely sped up version of that scene. The free climb ability is especially versatile with it being able to handle corners, curves, and rough walls.

DemoTourReduced.gif

We are working on the Agility Pack integration scene and then we'll be ready for release on the Opsive Store!

I got this bug in the demo. I couldn't figure out exactly how to trigger it, but sprinting to that wall and trying to climb seems to be related.

Last edited:
Thanks! It looks like the character is trying to move towards Move Towards Location GameObject in the wrong location. I'll get it fixed before the Asset Store release!

Hi justin, when I purcahsed the Climbing pack from the Opsive Store, and imported it, it said that there was nothing to import. I even created a fresh install in a new project, installed only the First Person Controller v2.3.3, and then tried to import the ClimbingPack unity package, and am getting the same that there is nothing to import. Also, now the AgilityDemo has missing prefabs, i.e. the Ladder

Hi justin, when I purcahsed the Climbing pack from the Opsive Store, and imported it, it said that there was nothing to import. I even created a fresh install in a new project, installed only the First Person Controller v2.3.3, and then tried to import the ClimbingPack unity package, and am getting the same that there is nothing to import. Also, now the AgilityDemo has missing prefabs, i.e. the Ladder
By any chance are you using Firefox? Firefox doesn't always associate the type correctly so if you use another browser it should work. I will double check on the AgilityDemo but there shouldn't be anything from the climbing pack in that demo scene. I need to still upload the Agility/Climbing Pack integration scene, but that'll be on the integrations page for the Agility Pack.

So, it looks like it was between what FireFox downloaded versus what microsoft edge downloaded. The unity package file downloaded by FireFox was 9,580 kb, whereas Edge downloaded a 9,600 kb file.

I'm backing up the one downloaded by edge. I'm not a Microsoft i.e./edge fan.

This looks really great by the way. Really looking forward to the Agility/Climbing integration.

can I expect this kind of wall climbing in this pack?
I am waiting for these abilities. please include these types of climbing also.

You can play the demo to see what is included in the climbing pack:

Most of those movements are included if you use it with the agility pack's hang.

I got this bug in the demo. I couldn't figure out exactly how to trigger it, but sprinting to that wall and trying to climb seems to be related.
I also have this bug quite often, especially if use my own character (with the same settings as Nolan has and camera and all presets added) instead of Nolan on your climbing demo scene... @Justin Did you fixe this bug?