Character Moves At Different Speeds At Higher FPS

KO_Games

I'm using version 2 of the third-person controller. I set the controller to use the Update loop instead of fixed update due to a few issues I encountered in the past with cameras not moving smoothly when using fixed update. One thing I've noticed though is that the character will move slower or faster depending on how high the frame rate is.
I set the target frame rate of the game to 60 fps and that seems to keep things consistent. However, if I want to give players the option to play at a higher fps like 120 or unlimited fps what would I need to do? Do I need to create custom settings that adjust the speed of the character depending on how many fps the game is running at? Or is there a better way to handle this? Seems like there should be a way to make the character move at a consistent speed regardless of frame rate, but perhaps I'm missing something.

This is a result of using the Update loop rather than the FixedUpdate loop. In version 3 the locomotion component went through a lot of improvements and one of the things is that you can use the Rigidbody to interpolate. Because of all of these improvements I am not aware of a fix for version 2.

All good! Thanks for letting me know Justin. I would upgrade to version 3, but I'm too far into development in my current game. Probably will pick it up for my next game though. Been using the controller for years now, and it is amazing! Took me a little while to get the hang of it, and I feel like I'm still discovering cool new features with it. Thanks for creating such an awesome character controller!