Character Jitter on Moving Platform

I am experiencing a jitter on a falling moving platform. I've checked the position change in the falling floor tile (layer set to moving platform and also in Fixed Update) and checked the change in position on the character, they match up exactly every frame I am checking, but the result still looks like the in the recorded video attached( https://jake-bigrookgames.tinytake.com/tt/MzU4NjEyOF8xMDgyOTAyNg ). I am using FinalIK but disabled and didn't seem to have any effect. Any idea what might be going on here?

Thanks,
Jake

You are using an older version, correct? Is there any way that you can upgrade? Moving platforms are really dependent on the update order and there have been a lot of improvements throughout the updates. I know that they work well in the latest version.

You are correct, I am using an older version. I haven't tried to upgrade because I have added so much on top of the base controller that i feel like it would create a lot of problems. That was my fault for not handling it in a way that wouldn't be effected by upgrading the base package. Any high level ideas what might be happening ? If I upgraded without knowing every single piece that I added, it would not be good and changes would be overwritten, correct?

That type of an issue is generally related to when the platform/camera/character are executed within the Deterministic Object Manager (now Kinematic Object Manager). I debug it by placing logs in the FixedUpdate/Update method to determine the execution order and go from there. If you were to upgrade to the latest version you'd want to upgrade every piece.

Thanks, I will focus on the det object manager order of execution and see if I can identify.

It sounds like you might be aware of potential issues with the moving platform order execution, is there any high level info or explanation about what was fixed or what the inefficiencies of the old way it was written that you could share that might help clean up? I appreciate the info on the Det.Obj.Manager and will look there, just wondering if there was anything specific that was addressed in the newer version that might help.

Thanks Justin.
-Jake

I had actually written my own controller for the moving platform. I noticed there was one in the TPC and used that, it fixed the jitter on the falling movement so it was definitely an update order issue.