Can See Object (not seeing)

Problem fixed by closing Unity and ReOpening, now my agent has the Yellow arch and Can See Works :)

I've noticed that i have to Close Unity and ReOpen also when Adding a new Item to my Inventory component in UIS

Ive been trying to implement Agent Nolans AI and keep getting stuck in the "Can See Object" part that implements the attacking system. Ive been vlogging my process with Can See Object and So far ive had this constant issue.

Notice this first clip where the "Can See Object" refuses to work:

That tiime I gave up for the day and woke up today just to find out everything was working fine with the "Can See Object"

So i continued working on the AI, I then came to this second "Can See Object" which is iin the Attack sequence.

Notice the issue that arrives now:

Question is, how do i get this to work correctly without my zombiie being blind? You can see from the video the "Can See Object" is not hitting my character correctly

I found the problem was in the Y Offset of the Second Can See Object, there were Yellow Arcs in the head because i had it at 1.8, lowered it to 1 and the zombie now attacks accordingly!

This shows the issue:

Hope this helps anyone trying to figure out the integration of all opsive products :)

Glad you got it! This page is also a good reference for Can See Object issues:

I also spent days with this issue and support answered saying things should be working but I see it's because my player's transform gizmo shows as being at my characters feet so the enemy line of sight on the cone was seeing my characters body but not it's feet where it's pivot point is but I thought it would see my characters body from feet to head. This is pretty sad it should not be like this and I was lucky to find an answer before I considered bailing on this package.

I would really like an update for it to be a box collider or something.

Attachments

• AI Bug 3.png
    AI Bug 3.png
    630.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Now I'm still having an issue where the sequences will not switch to the other. The patrol task is always running so why does the abort not work because the enemy should see the player and switch sequence now that I fixed the can see issue?

Now I'm still having an issue where the sequences will not switch to the other. The patrol task is always running so why does the abort not work because the enemy should see the player and switch sequence now that I fixed the can see issue?

Ok I finally figured it out. There are no clear documentation or video tutorials to do this and Behaviour machine is very finicky so here is a video on the step by steps of how I made this work.

The enemy will loop around patrolling endlessly until the character comes into it's view and will chase them around until it hits the player then it will wait for 3 seconds and then go back to patrolling however it sees the character again it will chase it again. So it works nicely but for some reason this took days just to get it right.

*The important things are that the can see object cannot see your character it can only see whats on the flat plane since most modern games use the pivot point at the characters feet you will need to create a new gameobject that moves with the player that's around the players hips and use that.
This is the best place because it will still see your character when they crouch or jump most likely.
*The second issue is the selector and two sequences need to be done the way I have done them with the left one set to lower priority or it will not work.

So anyone having this issue who needs a basic enemy setup that reacts correctly can be shown this video and forum link.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjhzZ7qjdmSBhBgrMauczgIqTlWS?e=d3gsP7

I would like to add that Seek and Pursue are actually really bad at AI Steering with the Navmesh. I replaced them with Move Towards with it's Look At checkbox ticked and it works like a charm. Here is the complete Graph working very nicely there's even sound and animations in there.
Here is the video it's much more alive now:

Attachments

• Updated Enemy AI.png
    Updated Enemy AI.png
    246.4 KB · Views: 40