Camera shaking in Third Person LookAt View Type

RiccardoRp

Hi, i'm having an issue with Third Person LookAt View Type:

The camera is shaking when the player moves.

This happens only with this view type.
Any idea?

The Look At ViewType will look a particular transform without any springs. It sounds like the transform that you are looking at has lots of movement so the camera will shake with it.

The only movement that causes the shake is a simple walking of the player.
There arenn't lots of movements.

The target of the camera is set to the entire character.

Depending on your character's animations and rig, as well as other things like the surfaces' colliders, the movement of the transform you're targeting could be jittery. You can check this by targeting a blank object (e.g. manually drag it around in the scene view). I would try targeting a specific bone transform of your character, e.g. the head, or use a separate transform that follows the character without being animated. But the root character transform's anchor position shouldn't be moving that much, if it is then your animations or rig might be messy.

I tried both targetting the head bone and an empty object under the character object, but it still shakes :/
Also the surface is a planar surface, so idk.

Thanks in any case, I'll hit my head a bit to find a solution.

I also tried with the Nolan Character, targetting his head, and it still shakes.
So it is not a particular issue with my rig

Hm I've tested this in the demo scene and it seems fine to me, are you able to reproduce this in the demo?

Yes, It shakes also in the ThirPersonControllerDemo, with all the scene as default, and only modified the camera view type to lookat

Hmm sorry but I definitely can't reproduce this in the demo scene, the camera seems fine, just a slight bob with the movement of the head... could you maybe share a video of what you're seeing?

Have you check to see if the "Align to Ground" is enabled. Depending on your ground/terrain, this will make it look like the camera is shaking but it's actually not. Disable it and try it