Camera jitter on touch pad ( Rewired, CF2, UnityInput )

suvlimex

Greetings,
I am a bit desperate with this issue, I am not able to get a smooth movement with the touchpad on mobile. As you can see in the video, I'm pressing my finger on the screen very slowly so that the "lag" is noticeable. I've tried Control Freak 2, Rewired ( Video ), Unity Input and they all give me the same result. I've changed all the parameters, the Ultimate Character Locomotion in Update/FixedUpdate... I don't know what else to do, I'm starting to think it's a problem that Unity is not able to achieve that result. I don't know if you have tried COD Mobile, but the feeling is ultra smooth on the touchpad. Any solution/recommendation/clue? Thank you!

Video:

Instead of jitter that looks more like the input isn't being smoothed at all. To get started does it work on the desktop while using your mouse to control the rotation? Depending on the integration you can adjust the smoothing value on the corresponding input component.

I have tried configuring all these parameters, in Smoothed, Unity Smoothed and Raw, I have also touched the "Smooth" parameters. The one that has worked best for me so far is Unity Smoothed, even though it seems that it does not affect any parameter.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2022-05-11 a las 11.31.22.png
    Captura de pantalla 2022-05-11 a las 11.31.22.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 3
I have the feeling that they are the touchpad/trackpad (CF2 or Rewired). No touchpad on rewired, with the default settings it seems to work quite well, but the default settings contain no touch buttons and every touch it detects runs a Fire1.

Hmm, that's a hard one for me to debug. Can you enable the touchpad within the editor and see if it works there? This will indicate if it's a specific problem with Android or the touchpad.

Darn... I have the same problem here: https://opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/touch-control-for-mobile-very-sluggish.8688/
Sorry for the double post. I didn't notice this post until now. Yah it's not a performance issue, I tried it on high-end tablets, it is the same. I have also written my own camera rotation using OnDrag to rotate the camera, and it's ultra smooth. It is something to do how trackpad is implemented when run on mobile.

P.S. If you have somehow solved it please let me know, I'm tried every setting there is.