Camera is lagging

Are you dropping frames? I assume this is recorded in the editor - are you getting any console error/warning/log spam? Or do you have any inspectors open during play mode?

I'm not dropping frames. There is no console spam and I've only got the one window open.

- I did some tweaking and I have got it running smoothly. Thank you. I did have some other inspectors open that I wasn't using.

Last edited:
I created an fps player and I cant seem to get the camera running smoothly. My mouse is consistently moving in this gif and it just stops over and over. My fps isn't dropping and I've tried minimizing all my other windows. Any fixes? Thank you.

Hi, you posted in your other thread that you'd managed to solve this problem - so I guess it's come back again? There aren't any other inspector windows open? Or any other programs running in the background that could be using a lot of cpu?

Yeah, it has. I did that originally and it seemed to work for a bit. I also tried to close all my other windows and yes it helps but the lag is still there just at a lower intensity.

Note: I tried building the project and the camera works out completely fine.

Last edited:
Note: I tried building the project and the camera works out completely fine.
This indicates that it is something that is running in the editor that is causing the slowdown. Do you have the character selected in the hierarchy? This will definitely cause some slowdowns as all of the inspectors are drawn.

Beyond that you could try switching between Update/FixedUpdate on the Ultimate Character Locomotion component.

I made sure I deselected the character and it didn't do very much it seemed to even get worse. I changed the locomotion script then made my own script to set the fps and it seems to be running smoothly. Thank you, Andrew and Justin! I hope this solution isn't temporary.