Bug when changing the hierarchy of abilities

EVG

1. FPC 2.4
2. Unity 2021.1.24f1
3. Bug when changing the hierarchy of abilities. Does not update when moving abilities through the hierarchy. Corrected by pressing Play.
Video:

Last edited:

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
I am not able to reproduce this. Not that it should matter, but it doesn't look like you are using a prefab? Are you able to repro it within the demo scene of a fresh project?

EVG

This is not a prefab.
I just created a new project, opened the demo scene and the problem is also present.

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks. I updated to the latest version of 2021.1 and was able to reproduce it. It looks like the ReorderableList changed. I found a workaround and will send you a new version to test. This has all of the issues that you reported fixed.

Edit: my workaround didn't work. It's a problem in the latest version of Unity. I've submitted a bug report to them with a minimal repro scene.

Last edited:

Wyldhunt

Is there any update on this?
I'm having this issue with the latest UCC and Unity 2021.2.3f1
When I reorder the list, the item I drop gets placed into a seemingly random position in the list.
Would a potential workaround be to add +/- buttons by each that just move the item 1 slot up/down?

Edit: It's not random. It actually fails the first try, but works if I try to move the same item a second time...
So, it's workable, if a tad annoying.

Last edited:

Justin

Administrator
Staff member
This is a problem with Unity. I have submitted the bug report but do not have an update.