[BuG] UIS TPC Integration.

Marcus

Unity 2020.3.20f1 (URP), TPC 2.4.4, UIS 1.2.6 with integration

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, I've tried many different solutions and work arounds to fix the issue but have been unsuccessful.
I have created multiple equipment slots in the UIS inventory system that have different holsters, I created one type for rifles and
say another type for melee weapons. everything here works as it should, I can equip say a rifle, and then when I equip say a Bat
the rifles put on holster and the bat in hands or visa versa, and then use the equip next ability to cycle threw the equipped weapons
or the toggle equip to put everything on different holsters.. fantastic!! the issue come when in the inventory screen and lets say equip the bat first
the character puts it into hands, then equipping the rifle, the character puts Bat on holster and equips the rifle in hands.. If I then unequip
the bat it releases the IK on the off hand on the rifle. everything continues to work as it should but this happens no matter what I try..

I'm using the Rifles IK target for off hand to position the hand on the weapon. I was setting the weight to 0 using a state created on the UCC Locomotion IK, and then triggering that when the Equip or Unequip ability plays and the toggle equip ability plays or the reload ability plays to release the weight on the hand. I thought that this might actually be the issue but removing all those states and I still ended up with the exact same problem. maybe I'm doing something wrong, I seem to learn new stuff with these systems everyday.. but I went threw the Integration demo
and my setting are all correct, I did not try to replicate this on the demo because the demo's character is different then mine and demo character I don't believe needs an IK pull target to position the left hand on the rifle and it only uses simple equip slot single holster item at once.
I'm also not very familiar with the demo scene, I only opened it once before this, I created my projects from scratch not using the Opsive
character or weapons items etc..

sorry if there is more information I can give just ask.

Last edited:
sorry I had posted this originally, deleted it, tried some more things to fix it, and then edited the post again to repost the original [BUG]
I didn't want another post, so im just typing this to ping the issue.. I hope..

Ok.
That could be a bug or something that you have incorrectly setup. But without more context I'm not sure what could be going wrong.
How big is your project? Would you be able to send a small scene with just the character such that we can test it out ourselves?

If you can make sure to make a package, and test it in a new project. Then once you made sure you can replicate it in that new poject without any errors send it to us by email at support@opsive.com with a link to this post.

Otherwise if you are able to replicate the issue in the demo that would be very helpful such that we can try it out ourselves and check what going on.
Also if you can send us a small video recording (use streamable.com) showcasing the problem, that might help too.

I'll see what I can do, there are also some other bugs with some abilities, Toggle Equip, Equip next / previous / scroll, won't execute States correctly. For instance I use a single state to set hand IK weight to 0 when I equip weapons or reload etc that state works as intended on Equip Unequip, in the inventory screen threw item actions or even using the hot keys 1, 2, 3 etc or when reloading.. all function fine.
but toggle equip, equip next or previous and equip scroll won't execute the same state what so ever.. this is easy to debug cause I can see
the states becoming active in the editor and I can also see the hand ik not releasing when using only these abilities. the other abilities work as intended. the result is all these abilities work but the ik will not release on these so every time to change from one weapon to the other the character arm glitches threw the body in some impossible way..

you should be able to test this pretty easy, set ik pull target on any weapon to position the hand, create a state in the TPC CC IK state presets
that sets hand weight to 0, go to abilities such as reload and equip call state, and everything should work, but call the same state from the abilities listed here and none will work...

I spent some time playing with this, I at this point believe all this mentioned stuff above works fine if your not using the left hand IK target to position the left hand.. but if you are all the issues above are not working as intended.

ill see what I can do with a video to show all of these issues in action when I get some time..

I love the State system on the Character controller, I wonder if there is anyway to call states from inventory gear equipped with the equipper and not threw the character controller.. like say a jacket or something that's not a weapon or a character item?

OH DAMN, I feel like an idiot, the second issue with Abilities works fine... I walked away from the PC and it hit me that maybe the Equip Unequip Ability is called when the toggle, previous next and scroll abilities are used.. so maybe they were canceling each other out..
I came back removed the calls from these Abilities, and everything works as intended..

the original post here though is still an issue, this one persists even when I remove all states from all abilities..

sorry