Bug: Duplicate UI designer schema using prefabs from classic schema

snicker

Unity 2020.3.20f1 UIS 1.2.2
When I duplicate the classic schema in the setup tab, the UI Designer schema UI components are using prefabs from the classic schema in the opsive folders, not my schema prefabs that were just created by duplicating the schema.

That's odd I have a script specifically for doing a deep copy... perhaps it's an issue with prefabs referencing other prefabs, Unity can be a bit complicated when it comes to changing prefabs in code and saving them.

Could you give me the examples you found of components still referencing the classic schema prefabs? That might help me find the issue faster

On the UI designer setup tab, clicking the Panel name brings takes the project view to the duplicated folder.

In the screenshot I have the duplicated Classic Schema Full Layout in prefab view, the Grid Event System component on My Inventory Grid has a reference for Item View Slot that references the original classic schema prefabs, not the duplicated ones. Seems like its the components with direct schema prefab references.

The Classic Schema Full Layout Prefab is in the correct UI Designer folder created by duplicating but that's the only one.

I was having this issue in 1.2.1also but tried updating before posting.

I tried duplicating the duplicate references the original still, not the duplicate schema folder.

Attachments

• UIDesigner.png
    UIDesigner.png
    642.8 KB · Views: 4
I get the same bug. For example, in the duplicated Item Shape Grid prefab in the Item View Drawer component, it references the Opsive folder to the Item View For Item Shape Grid prefab. There are other problems with this one, I hope for a fix.

Here are some of the problems, I think you can find more.

Category Item Action Set For Hotbar -> Category Item Actions For Hotbar
Category Item View Set For Grid -> Item View For Grid
Category Item View Set For Hotbar -> Item View For Hotbar
Category Item View Set For List -> Item View For List
Category Item View Set For Shop -> Empty Item View, Item View For Shop
Equipment Item View Slots Container -> Item View Drop Handler -> Demo Item View Slot Drop Action Set
Inventory Grid -> Grid Event System -> Item View Slot
Item Shape Grid -> Item View Drawer -> Item Shape Grid
InventoryMonitor -> Item View For Inventory Monitor
Item Action Panel -> Item Action Button

Thank you for letting me know this is still an issue. I feel like I've fixed it before but it might be broken depending on the unity version considering the changes that have been occuring with prefabs in the past few versions. It will take some time before I can fix it, I'd recommend you manually fix the references such that you don't have to wait for the fix.

A another user reported that this issue was still not fixed in the latest version:

I'll see what I can do. And hopefully I can fix it in the next update