Boilerplate Ability creator

nathanj

Hi Justin

Would it be possible to add something like an boilerplate ability script creator? Could even be a few options for creating new scripts that we then adapt for custom abilities?

When you say boilerplate, how boilerplate are you referring to? With Behavior Designer there is a right click project menu that allows you to create a new Action or Conditional task and it just overrides OnStart and OnUpdate. Abilities are a little different in that there are a lot more methods that you can override so I'm not sure what would be a good option for which methods to include. It would also be fairly easy to create this on the user side of thing and would be independent of the character controller so I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

Hi Justin

Yeah, something like the right click/create but possibly a little more detailed, like an editor wizard. I was thinking something along the lines of providing the basics, like what kind of start type, what type of ability (detection, standard) and what type of methods.
Whenever I make a new ability I try to find a comparable one and duplicate it and edit it but I often wish there was a blank starting point instead.