Block Ability & Aim

MrQuaid

Hi, I am using Emerald AI since BD with UCC wasn't an option. I have the latest version of UCC and I want to use the Block & Counter. Now maybe I missed something but it looks like as it is those two abilities won't work outside of UCC without some extra things. Block is based on a collider hitting the shield or sword from how I see it. With emerald its attacks are based on triggers, so there is no collision.

What i had in mind is finding out if the player is aiming which would allow me to check and reduce or block damage completely. It's not the ideal solution but just thinking how to create it.

Is there a way to find out if the player is aiming? I can trigger a state but not sure how to check. Or is there a better way, maybe have a check on the player when damage is triggered and the player is blocking to simulate a block and parry ability?

Thanks, yeah Emerald using animation events to damage the player so what I'm thinking is I check for if the player is Aiming, and which weapon is equipped (I already have a check for that) and then apply little or no damage. Also I think it's possible but I could also activate the players block/parry to, at least I think I can. That way it looks like the player is blocking something.

Ok I was able to get the damage to only fire when the play is not blocking with a weapon. I am still working on the block ability, right now I call it but it just stays on. From looking at nolan when he fights it looks like the block is only called when hit by the enemy, at which time he can counter. Now since my damage is not physical based I am not sure how to simulate that and the counter either.

Last edited: