Behaviour tree Node editor run quite slow

fang

as the title described, the behavior tree editor runs quite slow, especially in the play mode, sometimes even hard to pan the view, I also have other node tree plugins but feels much faster and fluent. is there any setting should I to change? I am using the 1.62 version

How many tasks do you have? Can you run the profiler with Profile Editor enabled so you can see what the bottleneck is?

How many tasks do you have? Can you run the profiler with Profile Editor enabled so you can see what the bottleneck is?
I haven't tested the Profile Editor yet, not too many tasks, but I found this run slow situation only happens when I switch the BT editor panel to "Tasks" , once I change to other3, whole unity runs normally,

Attachments

• bt.png
    bt.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 4
Ah.. ok. There's a lot of EditorGUI drawing when the tasks are visible. I don't really think that there is a good way to hand this case - in the past I have tried not drawing the content if it's not visible but there's no reliable way to do that so it ended up causing more problems than it solved. This is a ways off but in version 2 we are using VisualElements and I've noticed that in cases like this it's a lot more efficient.

Thanks for the reply, it is ok for me to use it normally now, it is really nice to hear the version 2 coming, looking forward to it :)