Behavior Designer Tactical and A* Moving Integration

stylotylo

Hey! Having a bit of trouble with A* Integration, specifically the moving ship example and the tactical pack. I’ve had success with using Behavior Designer’s Movement pack with A* moving ship example, having spawned enemies navigate waypoints or pursue other operations on a moving platform. It’s really great! But I’m trying to integrate BD’s Tactical pack and having issues. When I’ve had issues with A*, it’s always been some version of the below error block. Local Space Rich AI having some trouble talking to the graph I believe? I’ve had this pop up seemingly at random and have to revert to an earlier version of the scene at times, but that may be unrelated.

For the Tactical pack, I’m replace AI Path with Local Space Rich AI, and including the RVO Simulator on the scene’s A* object as well. The RVO Controller on any Agent properly recognizes that it’s Shape attributes are driven by Local Space Rich AI. Also including Local Space Graph on the plane being used, like the Ship example.

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this? May be more on the A* side of things so I'm looking for support there as well.

In general, should A* Moving implementation (Local Space Rich AI, Local Space Graph, etc) work with all Behavior Designer packs that support A* or may be hit and miss? Thanks!

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Pathfinding.Examples.LocalSpaceRichAI.RefreshTransform () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/ExampleScenes/Example13_Moving/LocalSpaceRichAI.cs:39)
Pathfinding.Examples.LocalSpaceRichAI.CalculatePathRequestEndpoints (UnityEngine.Vector3& start, UnityEngine.Vector3& end) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/ExampleScenes/Example13_Moving/LocalSpaceRichAI.cs:50)
Pathfinding.AIBase.SearchPath () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AI/AIBase.cs:480)
Pathfinding.RichAI.SearchPath () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AI/RichAI.cs:252)
BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.Tactical.AstarPathfindingProject.Tasks.IAstarAITacticalGroup+NavMeshTacticalAgent.SetDestination (UnityEngine.Vector3 destination) (at Assets/Behavior Designer Tactical/Integrations/Astar Pathfinding Project/Tasks/IAstarAITacticalGroup.cs:57)
BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.Tactical.AstarPathfindingProject.Tasks.ShootAndScoot.OnUpdate () (at Assets/Behavior Designer Tactical/Integrations/Astar Pathfinding Project/Tasks/ShootAndScoot.cs:129)
BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorManager.RunTask (BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorManager+BehaviorTree behaviorTree, System.Int32 taskIndex, System.Int32 stackIndex, BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.Tasks.TaskStatus previousStatus) (at <58623c9461324266a5b7839460bb9d26>:0)
BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorManager.Tick (BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorManager+BehaviorTree behaviorTree) (at <58623c9461324266a5b7839460bb9d26>:0)
BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorManager.Tick () (at <58623c9461324266a5b7839460bb9d26>:0)
BehaviorDesigner.Runtime.BehaviorManager.Update () (at <58623c9461324266a5b7839460bb9d26>:0)

I'm not familiar with the Local Space Rich AI component that looks like it is causing the exception. This is probably a question for the A* developer.