Behavior Designer 3D example?

Hi, I bought this but it does not ship with any proper examples. I am looking for an example of a 3D character who chases and shoots people etc, is there such a thign without making it all myself? I want to see something working before I try to work out how to do it. All seems very complex and confusing to me, surely there should be some good examples somewhere.

Im using UFPS classic, would be a bonus if I can see a scene for that but failing that anything where theres a 3d guy and not 2d etc.

Thanks.

There are a few samples which contain 3D objects but they don't attack. Even if you don't have version 2 of UFPS you can use this video to get a feel for how to design an AI that has attacking mechanics:

If you're just getting started with Behavior Designer I would start with these videos as they are geared more towards getting you up and running:

Absolutely stunned you havent done some proper examples, all anyone is after is a guy hunting them, all this proof of concept stuff is not good enough. You are earning serious money from this, you should provide proper examples. Ideally like the Deathmatch AI kit, I think that was finally value for money, even though you forced us to pay 300us plus, at least we got a guy who moves and kills. But you depreciated that and provided no support, you wont even answer my emails.

Simple questions, can any of your stuff provide me with a 3d character who runs around trying to kill me ? Its that simple..

Secondary question is, given that you completely remove many assets from the store and dont support them or answer emails, can we get refunds for these?

Absolutely stunned you havent done some proper examples, all anyone is after is a guy hunting them, all this proof of concept stuff is not good enough. You are earning serious money from this, you should provide proper examples.
The non-integragration samples are great for getting the behavior tree flow and then you can extend it from there. Shooting really depends more on the character controller rather than the behavior tree. Behavior Designer is a behavior tree implementation rather than an asset that will give you AI out of the box. There is a learning curve associated with it but once you get over that initial hump you'll be creating better AI than any out of the box AI.

The Deathmatch AI Kit was a great example of the power of behavior trees, and we should have it rereleased later this year, but for right now the UCC sample tree is the closest out of the box behavior tree with shooting mechanics.

Simple questions, can any of your stuff provide me with a 3d character who runs around trying to kill me ? Its that simple..
Yes, with any of the Ultimate Character Controller variants you can use the UCC sample scene which is what that video is based off of. The Playmaker sample scene also includes a basic projectile setup.
Secondary question is, given that you completely remove many assets from the store and dont support them or answer emails, can we get refunds for these?
The FAQ on this page lists our refund policy. I cleared out my email queue though so I should have responded, did you see my reply?

Absolutely stunned you havent done some proper examples, all anyone is after is a guy hunting them, all this proof of concept stuff is not good enough. You are earning serious money from this, you should provide proper examples. Ideally like the Deathmatch AI kit, I think that was finally value for money, even though you forced us to pay 300us plus, at least we got a guy who moves and kills. But you depreciated that and provided no support, you wont even answer my emails.

I use to be like that and had to figure things out myself. I didn't do a shooting AI but I did a zombie that wanders around and when he sees the food he goes into the feeding state even spawning blood as he eats. This was all done with just using behavior designer and a free zombie but I still had to use the movement addon though unless you know how to script you really don't need this pack. My controller on the zombie was very simple with just walking, running and intro eat, eating and outro eat. The behavior tree was also a simple one. To get up and running you need an animator controller, a navmesh agent and with behavior tree. You do however have to code your own health or use playmaker or make it simpler use opsives assets. On my animator controller, I haven't got any transitions I have made 2 parameters which are Speed as a float and feeding as a bool. There are other ways you can do this. The only transitions I have is on the feeding layer. As for the behavior designer editor here is a picture. It starts with a sequence then it goes to a selector. A selector is what the name says it selects what comes first so left to right. On the right side, I have the zombie wandering. It has sequence then play animator then from movement pack is wanders. This is so it has something to do instead of just standing there.
I have a lower priority for feeding actions because if I had a character that a zombie can hear or see while feeding I need it to chase that character so if I had finished I would have put that on the left. Anyway, the feeding actions have it set a point where blood spawns and all. So sorry this was very long but yes I agree people need proper up to date tutorials and not just with cubes.

Attachments

• Zombie.JPG
    Zombie.JPG
    220.6 KB · Views: 86
Justin I just bought the asset and so far I love it, thank you and good job.
I do agree that you should include some more varied and in-depth examples for beginners to learn from. It's very difficult to get a grasp on how to use the asset and having some integrations to study would speed up the learning process A LOT.

EDIT: I'm assuming you are the creator of the asset?

Thanks for the feedback. I am the dev of BD.

Just curious - have you seen the CTF/RTS sample projects? These projects are a bit dated but they do a good job of showing the overall flow of the behavior tree.