Astar Wander

MagicTimm

Hi, i have some questions about this task.
Why is this task not returning Success?
What happen with the tasks after the Wander task?
I modify the code a little bit. Now the character is moving to one target and stop there. If the character arrives the task return success and the following tasks will be started.

You can use conditional aborts or the interrupt task to have the agent stop wondering. The wander task will always wander.

ok. But why is the task Wander not something like
parameters: random Walkpoints = 10, Distance = 5 - 20
?
The character is moving along these waypoints.
The Wander Task in the current version has the problem that it cannot stop. And i cannot see the reason for this.

This is a design decision. The wander task will continuously pick a new random point as soon as they arrive. You can modify the Patrol task if you want to move between the waypoints. The wander is designed to be stopped with interrupts.

I made something wrong and I think I not fully understand the interrupt to implement it in a BT.

For this case there is a gameobject for "seek transform". I put a large trigger colider arround it. If the character entered the collider the interruption started. But "seek transform" is running until the end and returns success.

1664432391840.png

This is how the BT looks like at the moment when the character entered the collider. How can I stop the "seek transform" with the interruption?
1664432742080.png

You can use conditional aborts. Take a look at this video for an overview: