Anyone? Has anyone used the TPC with Infinity PBR characters?

Daddio

I'd be interested to know if anyone uses the TPC with any of Infinity's characters. They have some excellent characters and I'm trying to find a controller that will enhance their use. I'm not satisfied at all with the Explosive company's products and I'm trying to find something that integrates well and that is also well documented. Does anyone have any experience with Infinity's products?

Thanks in advance.

Note: I asked a similar question earlier and a Dev kindly answered but now I'm interested in seeing if any users have any personal experience with this integration. Thanks.

Ya. I have and still am. It's pretty straight-forward and requires a little tweaking here and there depending on use-case characters.

Thanks, I marked this as "Solved" but I'd still be interested if anyone else has any experience on this.

No word from Zroc, but never mind - I've tried using a few (human) Infinity PBR characters myself this week. Long story short, they work fine with Opsive's systems. The character builder tool finds all the bones and animates the models perfectly.

The only thing to bear in mind is that every character prefab you make with Infinity PBR assets will contain a huge amount of disabled models, scripts, particles and whatnot that you will probably want to clear our first. I have a separate project that I use just to generate Infinity PBR characters, then create new prefabs from them when done. Those prefabs can then be edited to remove all the unwanted stuff then exported as a package to import into my Opsive project. This way, your asset export doesn't carry gigabytes of unwanted dependencies.

Scy

No word from Zroc, but never mind - I've tried using a few (human) Infinity PBR characters myself this week. Long story short, they work fine with Opsive's systems. The character builder tool finds all the bones and animates the models perfectly.

The only thing to bear in mind is that every character prefab you make with Infinity PBR assets will contain a huge amount of disabled models, scripts, particles and whatnot that you will probably want to clear our first. I have a separate project that I use just to generate Infinity PBR characters, then create new prefabs from them when done. Those prefabs can then be edited to remove all the unwanted stuff then exported as a package to import into my Opsive project. This way, your asset export doesn't carry gigabytes of unwanted dependencies.

Scy

Sounds like a smart way to do it.

Scy

Thank you for taking the time to help me. I'm in the middle of making my RPG but I'm nearing the point where I need to start implementing the Inventory system from Opsive. I'm hoping it all goes smoothly. I have no idea how many copies of my RPG will ultimately sell, but I'm having a lot of fun making it. I used to play a lot of games, over the last few years, I mostly spend time making them. I have several in the works but recently have begun to concentrate solely on my RPG so I can get something "complete" before the 22nd century rolls around. ;)

Scy

Thanks for your help.