Animations not changing in combination with camera issues in 1st person

Oryor

I am using the Human Models & animations from InfinityPRB (https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...n-fantasy-rpg-character-pack-pbr-humans-60016) and when putting the characters in the scene, the idle animation appears to play, i have turned on the debugging for animations, and nothing gets logged when i try to move. The camera appears to work fine in 3rd person and but when i transition to first it orbits the character facing perpendicular to it so you cant see the character. if anyone has any idea why either of these issues are occurring i would greatly appreciate the help. i am also on discord under the same name if you would like to talk in real time there. Thanks in advance.

This sounds like it could be a root motion issue. If you disable root motion does your character move? For the camera did you select the entire body under the Third Person Objects section of the character manager? Only the arms/head should be selected.

I have tried to disable root motion on the prefabs, before updating them to UCC, but i dont know if this has worked as the apply root motion option changes to 'Handled by Script' in addition to this it i select the arms and head and but when i re-open the character in the UCC character setup the third person objects are empty even after readding and updating, each time i attempt to check it the object set is blank.
First.PNG
the second image is after i added the arms and head and clicked update and closed the window and immediately reopened and attempted to edit it again.
second.PNG

The root motion option is on the Ultimate Character Locomotion component.

Are you getting any errors? It looks like you are using an animator controller that I'm not familiar with - the animator controller needs to be setup to work with UCC so to get started you should use the included one.

Ok it looks like using the demo animation controller works and fixes both the camera and the animation issues. thank you for the response.