Animation cannot be played normally when UMA is used.

dadalili

I have some problems with UMA.I follow the first method of using UMA in the documentation, and adding melee weapons,when i enable the "Keep Avatar" the animation cannot be played properly.If i don't enable the "Keep Avatar", when i reopen the scene, there will be a error:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.CharacterIK.GetDefaultLookAtPosition () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/CharacterIK.cs:391)

Are you in a first or third person perspective? Where is the Keep Avatar option?

The error that you are getting indicates that no head has been assigned. I would have expected an earlier error indicating that the head can't be found.

I am in third person perspective.
I follow this:
When I use the first option, it's OK when moving,but the item animation cannot be played OK.I follow the code, the problem is because the "OnAnimatorItemUse" event was not callback.The function "OnItemUse" can't be reached.
When i want to use the second option,I can't find the "UMA Character Builder" component in my project.

Last edited:
No, take a look at step 1 in the docs above. I recommend the bone builder approach as it's easier to get going.