Animation bugs

renslmf23

Hi,

I just purchased the first person controller package from the unity store. However, after importing and running the demo scene, I encountered a couple of bugs. When reloading the assault rifle, the old magazine just floats in the air until the reload animation is complete, as seen in the picture:1659176132456.png
1659176393905.png
I also have the feeling that the recoil animations on the pistols are broken. When aiming and firing, the gun does not move/recoil up.
I imported the assets in new, empty projects in both 2020.3.37 LTS and 2021.3.3, which both had these glitches. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Kind regards,

Rens

I believe this is a bug, I noticed this recently and thought I did something wrong, but now after seeing your post and retesting in a clean project, I am getting the same results, and it does also happen for third person.

The fists have object identifiers. These are used to determine which fist to attach the clip to. for some reason in recent version, on the first/thrid person shootable weapon properties scripts the IDs were either blank or -1 and they need the Object IDs of the fists to attach the clip. This is on the weapon prefab for first and third components the correct IDs are 215, 211 respectively.

The fists have object identifiers. These are used to determine which fist to attach the clip to. for some reason in recent version, on the first/thrid person shootable weapon properties scripts the IDs were either blank or -1 and they need the Object IDs of the fists to attach the clip. This is on the weapon prefab for first and third components the correct IDs are 215, 211 respectively.
Ah yes, spot on! thankyou for that.

@DankP3 is correct. Thanks for letting me know. I will have it fixed in the next update but you can do it now by assigning the Object Identifier to the left hand for the Reloadable Attachment ID of each shootable weapon. The items are now prefabs and they are no longer able to directly reference the scene objects.