AI errors on Follow task

I have 2 companions following me with Follow task (player gameobject as target) on the tree.
I have the Quest Machine integration and when the player interacts with the Quest Giver, just when the Quest giver finishes the interaction, i get the following error on the companions:
I think it's related as when the player interacts the player's gameobject or transform lose is kinda disconnected and therefore the target is null or { NaN, NaN, NaN }

The error sometimes causes that the NPCs get stuck and they don't move anymore, even when I see on the tree that the variable target is ok (the player)

Any ideas?

transform.position assign attempt for 'Izzy Opsive AI' is not valid. Input position is { NaN, NaN, NaN }.
UnityEngine.Transform:set_position(Vector3)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.CharacterLocomotion:ApplyPosition() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/CharacterLocomotion.cs:1328)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion:ApplyPosition() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:862)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.CharacterLocomotion:Move(Single, Single, Single) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/CharacterLocomotion.cs:470)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.DeterministicCharacter:FixedMove() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/DeterministicObjectManager.cs:146)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Game.DeterministicObjectManager:FixedUpdate() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Game/DeterministicObjectManager.cs:589)