Adventure Kit WIP

Thanks Sangemdoko! For the enemy AI I meant integration with Behavior Designer for a few different ways an enemy can attack the player (close combat and shooting). I'm hoping that this kit can also be used beyond just prototypes or giving ideas but for production for developers like me that would like to build solid games with basic features and are not interested in the understanding details of powerful tools like UIS, UCC, Behavior Designer, Dialogue System and Quest System) so I can focus on the story instead. I purchased those 5 assets because I know they will be well supported and will work well with the Adventure Kit, in contrast there are others adventure kits out there but I don't trust that they will be well supported in the future because they are trying to do too many things and don't seem to have a team behind it.

So I'm hoping the Opsive Adventure kit will be really solid for production for simpler games since each component (Player controller, Inventory, AI, Dialogue, Quest) are well built but will be well integrated and supported with the Adventure kit.

No updates besides it has been delayed so will be released after version 3 of the character controller has been released.

No updates besides it has been delayed so will be released after version 3 of the character controller has been released.
Details on V3 please. Also how much discount will we get if we already own the previous version.

Gotcha. And not sure if this is the thread to ask about this since you mentioned version 3 but, could you add an example of an “aim offset” to version 3? Something like this?:

(Where the arms aiming animations blend between looking forward, down, and up)

This kit looks exciting! Was actually spending time figuring out how to make the asset work with all those assets so it's nice to have it all together like this.

Just one concern that I think needs to be addressed is the lack of a proper lock on system for those 3rd person adventure games you're making this kit for. The existing aim assist/look at scripts do not support the exact behavior that Breath of the wild/Rachet and clank has. Many developers hoping to recreate those games will find that they will have to develop this feature by scratch, even though it's a essential feature in those games; it would be dealbreaking if it was built into the kit. I made a post about this before but if you need details on the exact behavior/requirements of the lock on system in these games, please feel free to contact me. Pretty sure it will require a dedicated view type and extra scripts/abilities to handle the expected behavior from those games.

https://opsive.com/forum/index.php?...-legend-of-zelda-n64-lock-on.7836/#post-38856

We are making improvements to the aiming system in UCCV3 / the adventure kit. We're not quite sure of the specifics of how it will work just yet but a lock aim ability is something we wish to support.

Cool! That's great to hear. When it comes to it, please let me know if you have any questions about the requirements for the lock on system in those games. Will be happy to answer!

There are certain intricacies like how the character movement changes and how the camera positions in those games while a lock on happens.

Oh and, this is maybe more of just a general Unity thing, but what about a video/display settings menu? Settings like changing the resolution, etc. (I mean, for after a game is built, not about within the Unity editor.)

We'll have multiple scenes and a save system built-in this project.
So you'll be able to save anywhere and respawn were you left of.

Of course with some tweaking you will be able to replace this save system by a checkpoint system.
As for a settings menu to control screen resolution. It is fairly easy to do. There are many tutorials about it online. I'll add it in the list of feature request just in case.

-------
I'm very sorry to announce that The Adventure Kit will be delayed again. We are currently very busy on other projects and the AdventureKit has been put on hold for awhile. We don't want to rush this as it is a very ambitious project. We'll let you know as soon as we pickup development on The Adventure Kit again

Sorry to ressurect this but I just remembered about it and hope that it is still something that is planned.

At this point the Adventure Kit is no longer planned. Unfortunately other projects have taken priority. That's not to say that we won't ever start working on it again, we're just not planning on it right now.