Adding new item ability issue

MarcinN

Hi,

I am trying to add a new item with ability - I wanted to create a wood chopping/tree cutting action. I have created and axe item using Item Manager.
It almost work - "use" Animation is triggered as expected, but, when I double click it all get's stuck till exit to helper menu. When I look at animator parameters I can see that "Slot0ItemStateIndex" is not reseted correctly, so It looks like my second click interrupts the action and it can't be finished correctly.
Please not, that mu Use animation has 2 events copied from "sword" anim from demo.

I have been trying to solve the issue for a long time, but I can't find any solution.

Kind Regards,
Marcin

Hey. Check your Melee Weapon Scripts on the Use and Use Events. You might have to disable wait for animation and force root motion or disable forcing root motion...

I guess the events in your animation clip are OnAnimatorItemUse and OnAnimatorItemUseComplete? As zroc suggested I would try disabling Wait For Animation Event and use a specified time (or just 0 for testing).