Add Force with Ragdoll to third person controller

KO_Games

Hi,

I was trying to figure out if it was possible for say on the player death to have the body do a ragdoll effect with a force added to the player to throw them in a certain direction? However, it seems like the animation that plays when the character dies overrides the ragdoll effect. The Ult Char Controller shows the die ability as active when the player dies. The ragdoll does not show as active (but it does have the start on death box checked).

Also, how would I add a force to the player to send them flying in a direction of my choosing?Screenshot 2021-09-13 021454.pngScreenshot 2021-09-13 021507.pngScreenshot 2021-09-13 021246.png

It won't be an animator issue, because ragdolls don't use animations - the issue is that for some reason the Ragdoll ability is not even starting.

When "Start On Death" is checked, the Ragdoll ability should be starting from its OnDeath callback. You should start by logging in Ragdoll.OnDeath to check if: 1) it's being called at all, 2) if it's returning early for some reason (unlikely).

It won't be an animator issue, because ragdolls don't use animations - the issue is that for some reason the Ragdoll ability is not even starting.

When "Start On Death" is checked, the Ragdoll ability should be starting from its OnDeath callback. You should start by logging in Ragdoll.OnDeath to check if: 1) it's being called at all, 2) if it's returning early for some reason (unlikely).
Thanks for your help! Yes, it looks like it wasn't getting called. I wasn't using a health component. I was just triggering the death ability since I don't use health in my game. I didn't realize that the death ability wasn't sending out the OnDeath event and that I needed the health component with a health attribute.