About continuous integration support for TPC_v2

lightpi

Hi,Devs:
The earliest UIS version we were using was 0.9, and it just keeps getting better. But we now have some problems.
With the release of TPC_v3, the last TPC_v2 integrated version of UIS stays at 1.2.11 , and some latest updates no longer support TPC_v2.(it seems so?)
But if we upgrade to TPC version 3, it may take 2 months or even longer to refactor our game. And we plan to release it in 3 months.:eek:
I think there should be users like us who cannot upgrade to TPC v3 in the short term.
May I ask if you could provide some support for UIS 1.2.11 to fix some serious bugs. This will save a lot of users who have to stay on TPC_v2.?

Congrats on getting so close to release!

With the bug that you're referring to my guess is that you will be able to replace the shared utility assembly with the new version and it'll still work with older versions of inventory and the controller. This is a pretty independent change.

For broader support though a lot of these fixes depend on previous changes so it makes it really hard to support. The upgrade from version 2 to 3 is relatively easy unless you have created a ton of weapons. The new modular item system does require you to remake all of those items.

We have downloaded version3 and made a preliminary evaluation, it is really good.The program structure becomes more clear and concise, especially the part about weapons. But this is also the most critical point.
We built a weapon upgrade system based on v2, and have produced a large number of items. It becomes inadvisable to replace them for a limited time.
At present,we don't expect new functions, but only hope that the old system will not have serious bugs. ?