Ability audio cuts out too suddenly

I'm using the jump ability to play an audio clip of the character grunting as they jump. The jump surface effect would not work because the sound would play from the ground. The jump ability gets interrupted by the fall ability and there doesn't seem to be a way to prevent the audio from getting suddenly cut. I've tried different stop types, but that hasn't worked. Am I missing something?

You're not missing anything, this is how ability audio is set up to work currently - the audio clip will be stopped within Ability.AbilityStopped. Look out for a toggle in a future update that allows the audio to continue playing.

For now you'll have to trigger your audio manually, which you could do for example through an event that the ability fires when initially activated.

Look out for a toggle in a future update that allows the audio to continue playing.

That would be great. I'm beginning to see how powerful ucc is, but it takes a hell of a long time to learn for newer users of Unity. There should be a focus on intuitiveness and usability. Sound design is still a big part of game dev and as it stands I don't see a lot of support for sound designers using this tool.