A few minor UX requests

slipyfrog

Great asset just wanted table a few quick updates that would improve usability.

1. It would be great if you could provide ability to 'find' using dynamic variables. Dynamic variables are great but they make traceability very difficulty. Currently I have to click through all my nodes and manually inspect each cell to see where the dynamic variable is used. Right now, in big trees, this could reduce the maintainability. I often limit the user of dynamic variables to siblings nodes to try to improve maintainability.

2. A nice to have would be the ability to select dynamic variables from a popup (or auto complete text field).

3. The widths of the Tree nodes are often too short and will truncate names of the nodes. Is there an option to resize these or perhaps they could auto resize based on the label width, or wrap to a second line.

4. The Left side Behavior/Task/Variable/Inspector Panel is not wide enough and can often truncate the variable names or fields. It would be great to have a slider to allow for us to manually adjust the width. I wrote a hack to have some hotkeys change the size through reflection, but it is a bit clunky -- a slider built into the interface would be a nice quality-of-life feature :)

Anyways, thanks for the BT implementation and the support on these forums. I totally understand there I not too much of a business case to sync a lot of time into a patch update. If you ever did some sort of paid updated, I would gladly support.

Thanks for the feedback! I am currently working on version 2 of BD and the bottom two items already solved. The top two are definitely go

Fantastic! Great to hear that there is a V2 on the way!! Do you have a road map for V2 ETA? Will we be able to migrate in-progress work over from the current V1? Thanks again!

I haven't posted the road map yet - I'm still working with the editor and haven't gotten to the runtime portion. As soon as I make some more progress I'll create a WIP thread that describes the new version. Since I haven't done the runtime portion I don't know what the migration process is but I hope to be able to update from v1.