2.2.1 Mouse sensitivity issue

Maximuz24

When i play after unity restart the mouse sensitivity is too slow and i need to change sensitivity but again if i restart unity again the sensitivity becomes slow. and i stop playing and again playing back the sensitivity is slow. Please help. Unity 2019.3.13f1

What sensitivity value are you changing? The default update mode for 2.2.1 is now back to FixedUpdate. If you're in update you should set the Application.targetFrameRate.

What sensitivity value are you changing? The default update mode for 2.2.1 is now back to FixedUpdate. If you're in update you should set the Application.targetFrameRate.
Look sensitivity is having issue if i add anything or if i restart unity when i move my mouse its rotating very slow. and if i click in look sensitivity then it will work fine why its happening like this?

I haven't seen that occur before - can you tell me how to reproduce it within the demo scene of a fresh project?

@Justin The demo scene and Windows demo scene works fine. When i restart unity the player look is too slow after that if i open demo scene it will work fine . I dont know do i need to add any state in unity input. Before revision it was working fine. I tried a new scene its also the same condition.Please check video.thanks

From your video you have the character selected which is going to cause a slowdown. If you build a player I bet that it will be smooth because there aren't any editor inspectors being drawn.

I too have run into this identical issue and was able to reproduce this performing multiple methods.

1) Created a new scene
2) Set up the new scene according to the Opsive Set Manager, creating the Manager, Camera and UI
3) Placed a Plane down on the ground for character to traverse on
4) Created a character using the Nolan Model
5) Entered play mode and the mouse movement was incredibly slow moving in all mouse directions
6) Hit escape while in edit mode and selected the Nolan GO and updated the Look Sensitivity from 1 to 2
7) Went back to game window and moved the mouse. Mouse moved as expected

Repeat steps 1-3 above
4) Had a prefab of the Nolan Demo Character and drug it into the scene
5) Entered play mode and the mouse movement was incredibly slow moving in all mouse directions, jump was not a jump and footsteps and other sounds were all repeated.
6) Hit escape while in edit mode and selected the Nolan GO and updated the Look Sensitivity from 1 to 2
7) Went back to game window and moved the mouse. Mouse moved as expected

Repeat steps 1-3 above
4) Had a prefab of the Nolan Demo Character and drug it into the scene
5) Entered play mode and the mouse movement was incredibly slow moving in all mouse directions, jump was not a jump and footsteps and other sounds were all repeated.
6) Changed the Look Vector Mode from "Smoothed" to "Unity Smooth" as well as "Raw"
7) Hit escape while in edit mode and selected the Nolan GO- This is the interesting part.
8) Went back to game window and moved the mouse. Moved as expected
9) Hit escape and deselected the Nolan GO
10) Went back to game window and moved the mouse. Mouse moved was the back to slow or sluggish
11) Hit escape and deselected the Nolan GO
12) Went back to game window and move the mouse. Moved as expected

There are definitely issues if you create new scenes and using the setup manager and/or do all of it manually (which is a lot).

Note: This was not an update to a previous UCC Version. This was a new project, new scene and a new installation of the latest UCC.
Also, using Unity 2019.3.12f1 (which may not be as stable as it's supposed to be)

Thanks for kicking me in the right direction. It does look like it was framerate dependent. If you change PlayerInput.Update to PlayerInput.FixedUpdate it should work better.

Thanks for kicking me in the right direction. It does look like it was framerate dependent. If you change PlayerInput.Update to PlayerInput.FixedUpdate it should work better.
@Justin which script (Line number will be helpfull) i need to make the change. You mean update location?
1589471288723.png

Last edited:
No, you'll need to edit the PlayerInput class and change:

Code:
private void Update()
[code]
to
[code]
private void FixedUpdate()