Noob Help -- adding simple weapon to character

forzabo

Totally UFPS noob question here, but I am completely stumped. (I'm new to UFPS, but 10 years on Unity, so not as noobish in that regard)

I've successfully set up my own character into my own scene, -- she runs around, casts shadows, all that -- so far it's marvy. But when I try to to add a (simple!) weapon for the character to aim and hold, I can't get it to work -- like it does with the example shipped character (Nolan).

I've created my own item sets and items, following the instructions AFAIK to the letter (but clearly not)

Right now it's throwing "Category 0 cannot be found" :

Code:
Error: Category 0 cannot be found.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Inventory.ItemSetManager:CategoryIDToIndex(Int32) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Inventory/ItemSetManager.cs:120)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Items.ItemSetAbilityBase:Awake() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Items/ItemSetAbilityBase.cs:41)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Items.EquipUnequip:Awake() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Items/EquipUnequip.cs:95)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion:Awake() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:296)

What am I missing? What didn't I onfigure? 14251426Screen Shot 2019-06-23 at 9.45.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-23 at 9.48.56 PM.pngAny clues would be most appreciated.

Hi,

I would suggest you to try debugging by locating 'Animator Monitor' component, and enable last 3 fields.
then while playing the scene, keep your eyes at parameters of Animator.

Find out where the character gets stuck. Check for 'AbilityIndex', 'Slot0ItemID' & 'Slot0ItemStateIndex' value.
Compare them with below default values:
https://opsive.com/support/document...r/animation/animator/default-animator-values/

You can also try deselect the Equip & Un-equip Event's 'Wait For Animation' Event toggle. It is inside 'Item' component.

Thanks @bluebird! This post describes also some workarounds until version 2.1.5 is released: