Can I Still Use The DeathMatch AI Kit?

MissBig

Hi, I've had the deathmatch AI for quite a while so I was wondering if I can still use it with behavior designer since its gone from the asset store or is there going to be a newer version out.

The Deathmatch AI Kit has been deprecated while we work on updating it to version 2 of the character controllers. We hope to rerelease it within a few months. It'll still work with BD and TPC 1, but it will not work with TPC 2.

There will likely be a $1 upgrade just so people read that the new version requires version 2 of TPC rather than blindly upgrading.

That makes sense. Do you think there will be a lot to upgrade within Deathmatch AI Kit for version 2? I guessing I'm asking how long do you think it will take.

Hi Justin,

Any update on your progress with the deathmatch rework? Looks like exactly what I need to build from your controller kits and extensions. I have most of the basics (UCC, BD, Inventory, Tactical, Movement, Formations, agility, etc). Currently putting together demo setups while learning your systems and have a few q's I will post shortly. My game is FPS/TPS Multiplayer deathmatch (think MCVS/MC5), first stage is the character controller vs ai bots to be used to fill teams in PUN multiplayer later.

I have chosen your system as it is a clear best above other's (function/integration/support), and as such am building upward from your assets. I'm still working through your tutorials but if you can direct me to any resources relating to applying the properties in your assets to a simple game manager, I want to make sure it is done properly as I build more AI into it but in the 6 weeks I have left this semester It will take me that long just to implement a menu/UI death counter/points system, stretch goals a save system and weapon unlock. Thought your deathmatch example would be a perfect example of this in context with UCC.

Any advice on the best way to attack those or from what I said if you would/would not recommend?