Inventory Pro

Devdog is working on the integration for Rucksack so I would ask him about this.

It`s will be very useful if @Justin or DevFog post some technical information about implementation of Rucksack and Inventory Pro integration withh UCC.

I also ask DevDog about this in his Discord channel.

They will integrate Rucksack instead. Please read Rucksack post I made and let Justin know you are also waiting for the integration.
Thanks.

chrisk, I'm not waiting for Rucksack integration because I posses Inventory Pro ...

Hi all,

for me it's the same. Rucksack might be great for Multiplayer and flexible and what not. I don't doubt it. But for those who have Inventory Pro it is a real pain!

Inventory Pro covers a completely different area than Rucksack. In comparison with InvPro Rucksack looks really weak and to be blunt fairly "unfinished". I understand that InvPro has become a "Behemoth" in terms of maintenance and that Devdog will just update but not upgrade it. I'm fine with it. But I want to be able to use it like in UFPS 1.

InvPro has vendors, crafting, equipment, skills and all the stuff people who want to build their RPG need right out of the box. In Rucksack you would have to make everything yourself. We don't want that. There already is a solution and it's InvPro.

PLEASE GIVE US AN INTEGRATION FOR INVENTORY PRO!

I agree with @nwinter Rucksack is not even on my radar to get. Inventory Pro has everything we need. I am baffled as to why DevDog has seemingly abandoned Inventory Pro and made Rucksack his main system. It makes no sense to me. I am going to inquire to DevDog about an integration, but if I might just take a stab at it myself. I want to get it working in my RPG right away.

Another vote for an integration with Inventory Pro.

Justin - I took a look (unsuccessfully) at the existing integration in an attempt to update it. It doesn't seem very involved, but the UCC update changed a lot about the event handling that I couldn't follow from just looking at the original integration (as I don't have FPS1 or anything). My guess is that you could update the integration rather quickly. Other than the event handling, it was some basic model inheritance, making sure that picked up items were added appropriately to the IP inventory, and (I think) unloading magazine clips when un-equipping weapons.

Alternatively, if you would give me a copy of the FPS 1 source I could use that to try to update the integration again - it was just very challenging to update an adapter for version 1, without having the version 1 code :)

Has anyone started on IPro integration? It turns out the Rucksack will not be integrated.
If RS is not going to be integrated, IPro is an equally good option.
I think the biggest problem is how to merge ipro item and UCC item together and this will require some changes on both sides.
Anyone have given a thought?
Thanks.

@chrisk I doubt DevDog will integrate UCC. I know that Justin does not have the time to do it. To be fair once I finish the new Inventory system and work with Justin to integrate it with UCC, it should be easier to integrate UCC with other inventory systems be it IVPro or RS. It will take a while for us to get to that point though. I just doubt that either Justin or DevDog will take the time to make the UCC/IVpro or UCC/RS integration since they are so busy.

That being said you could try to integrate it yourself, although I am not sure how worth it will be knowing that the UCC inventory will be modified when the Inventory system I am working on comes out, it shouldn't take more than a year. My best suggestion is if you can afford the time, wait until we make the modifications to the UCC inventory. If you cannot afford the time, I believe there are ways to do the UCC/IVPro or UCC/Rucksack integration, without changing the source code on either end. But it will be a huge pain to implement, you would need to work around the design discrepancies. I think you would need to create items on both ends and then map IVPro/RS items with UCC itemTypes. You would have a bridge that converts from one inventory system to the other. You will also probably need to create ItemTypes at runtime.

I hope that helps

Thanks. I guess time is not on my side and I must find some ways to do it.
As you said, the bridge will be one solution but it will be a huge pain.
There is some stuff that UCC needs be done before we build the new inventory system.
Did you read what I suggested in Work-in-progress forum? I'm curious about what you think.
We need to remove both ItemCollection and ItemType from UCC in order new Item class can take its place. Do you agree? We can perhaps continue the conversation on that thread.

Thanks!

Oh, wow, it's interesting. Are they really going to do it? Inventory by itself is just a collection and it highly depends on the specific games. I'll be really surprised if they will provide a full inventory system. But every game needs inventory so it makes sense to build some common framework.
Thanks for the sharing.

Yes sure, they presented it on the GDC Keynote, last week. I think they are targeting 2019.3.
Jump to 43:40:
Inventory, game commerce, and player progression initially, the idea is having a framework of the most common elements in a game.

The Inventory Pro integration is for me the most important integration after the emerald AI which I made on my own until Emerald AI 2.2 has released.
So I would very happy to have some integration for it or some kind of code to easily integrate it on my own.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind this integration as well got Inventory pro on humble bumble only to learn the developer not doing anymore to it just damn glad I didn't pay full price for it.