Realistic Car Controller integration bugs

Shanmukh

1. when player exit from moving car then, player get out from the car. but the car still moving, doesn't slow down.
this problem in both Realistic car controller and eddy's vehicle physics.

2. when the player running slightly touch through the side of the car, then it's through the player a long distance.
I observed these issues in the demo scene.

Last edited:
1. when player exit from moving car then, player get out from the car. but the car still moving, doesn't slow down.
this problem in both Realistic car controller and eddy's vehicle physics.
This is a feature request for the vehicle controller. When the car controller is disabled it should give you the option of how you want to handle it, such as a hard stop.

2. when the player running slightly touch through the side of the car, then it's through the player a long distance.
I observed these issues in the demo scene.
Thanks, I will take a closer look.

Btw Justin, I found the issue with the player either behaving like that in the video when running into the car or the car fly away when player running into it, the issue was the physics collision layer between player and rcc in the physics settings , now it behaves normal.

Why is this UCC player so freaking brutal with the physics??? After updated to Unity LTS2020 and imported RayFire asset , the UCC player beahaves so weird. And it ONLY affect RCC car and I have not done anything with RayFire on character or RCC car.

This sounds like some type of a layer issue. Are you able to reproduce it within the sample scene?

In the demo scene when I paste my car into the scene it dont fly away when I run into it like it does in my scene.... Ideas?

My guess is that it is related to the layers on the car. You can try bringing in the demo car into your scene to check if it's the car. If it's not the car then it's the character so you should check the layers/ability.

Hmm, well it have same layers as always, nothing changed in how it's using the ability I will try demo car.... Btw, when I made a new car with RCC wizard it behaves the same way... So weird.. will check now

I dont know why, but deleting my player, and dragging in a new player prefab , and the issue was gone....would have been nice to know what cause it ..

Was the issue of the character shooting off into the distance when he collides with the RCC vehicle ever resolved?
Cheers, Ben.

Attachments

• bounce2.gif
    bounce2.gif
    610.4 KB · Views: 11
@Mattis I've done that, without doing that the car and the character collide like crazy once he's gotten inside the vehicle.
In the demo however, the character will not collide with the vehicle once he is inside it - this only happens with vehicles I have created, which I have made sure all objects of the vehicles are on a layer called RCC.

Oh, and when my character gets into one car I have in particular, once he exits, he can not re-enter.
Any ideas?

EDIT: I changed my characters layer, so now all objects in the player character are on a layer called "Player" instead of a mixture of character and subcharacter, and everything seems to be working now for some reason, appart from the above issue where you can only get into one particular car once.

Last edited:
Okay I see. I had the same issue that the player collided brutality once inside the car, I deleted my player and dragged a new prefab player and that worked don't know why, but it must be subcharacter layer or else other stuff won't work...and I have also the same issue that if I create a new car it dont work, I can only duplicate my car and he enters them all. Not a new one. And I don't get that neither... Haven't even looked into it, other important stuff to do for now.

Okay I see. I had the same issue that the player collided brutality once inside the car, I deleted my player and dragged a new prefab player and that worked don't know why, but it must be subcharacter layer or else other stuff won't work...and I have also the same issue that if I create a new car it dont work, I can only duplicate my car and he enters them all. Not a new one. And I don't get that neither... Haven't even looked into it, other important stuff to do for now.
Did you figure out why the player does not enter the duplicated cars? I have this problem too